Options

17 Posts

06-28-2012

India

22 Signins

314 Page Views

• Views: 314
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G570 drivers - power mgt driver suggestion by win 7 - acceptability!

2012-09-16, 15:32 PM

Hi!

Am running Genuine win 7, 64-bit with Bitdefender Total Security 2012 on my one-year old Lenovo Essential G570 (8336). I had put the serial number on Lenovo Website to retrieve all the necessary drivers that I need about a month ago. Downloaded and installed those. But still lately, Windows Action Center is showing a message: “Solve a problem regarding your power management”, which when clicked leads to a page <Opening Solution> in the same window; …finally leading to <Click & Download the following Driver to solve the problem>. When I click on the <save & run> link a 3.27 MB file “l1egc02us24.exe” is downloaded.

•  Now, is it safe to install this driver considering my system configuration (Core i3, 3GB RAM, 750 GB HDD)? (I have scanned to find there is no virus).
  • Does my model really need this driver to operate better, or consume less power? (Already, a driver LENOVO ENERGY MANAGEMENT is running with Energy Star Scheme set. And I want simplicity, performance and reliability on my system. I am not fascinated about clutter apps, but look for minimalistic, efficient system).

Thanks a ton for any help or feedback.

Cheers!!

Solved! See the solution
Options

1241 Posts

11-02-2011

India

1456 Signins

9967 Page Views

• Views: 9967
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G570 drivers - power mgt driver suggestion by win 7 - acceptability!

2012-09-20, 10:51 AM

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

The driver which Windows Solution center is offering you is a driver update for Power management

It is  "EnergyCut", file named  l1egc02us24.exe ,  Which is essentially used to help users to manage power resources and improve system performance . So It is recommended to install this drivers.  

Regardless of whether you have Lenovo energy management app installed (either from CD or downloaded from Lenovo support), download and install "EnergyCut" app - also from Lenovo:

You may also refer below thread for more details & user experience

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/Solution-for-resume-from-suspend-issues-with-Windows-7-x86-x64/td-p/512677

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with Kudos!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!  This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

17 Posts

06-28-2012

India

22 Signins

314 Page Views

• Views: 314
  • Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G570 drivers - power mgt driver suggestion by win 7 - acceptability!

2012-09-20, 14:26 PM

THE LINK IS USEFUL.

THANKS FOR REPLY.

CHEERS!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete