Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yutxz
Paper Tape
Views: 4,228
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G570 hinge repair estimate

Hey guys, the right hinge on my Lenovo G570 is broken. Right now it's pretty much lifting the top casing of my computer and my monitor is sitting askew. I tried calling Lenovo to get an estimate, but they told me I had to send it in and pay for shipping as well as an $80 dollar processing fee. I'm just curious as to how much parts and labor might come out to. What have you guys recieved for estimates? 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,191
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G570 hinge repair estimate

hi yutxz,

Welcome to the Forums.

The repair cost will depend on the parts that are needed to be replaced. If for example, the hinge, and the plastic part that holds the hinge (base cover) are broken, the service centers to replace the following parts:

Base Cover (for models with HDMI) 

Base Cover (for models without HDMI)

LCD Hinge

So say you have the hdmi base cover+hinge model+one hour labor (say $25), then you're probably looking at a $85 quote (shipping / taxes excluded). Note that this is just an example. The reason why the tech. ask you to send it in is because the person in charge of the repair needs to see the damage and quote the necessary parts for the repair.

Hope this gives you an idea.

Regards,

neokenchi

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors