Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Joe07
Not applicable
Views: 135
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G570 laptop does nothing

My laptop does not boot on battery and even when directly connected to adapter after removing the battery.

No display, no fan running. Just dead.

I tested to see if my adapter works on my friend's laptop with same configuration. It worked fine.

Please help

spidey101
Not applicable
Views: 101
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G570 laptop does nothing

Hi Joe07,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

The hardware manual do offer power checkout guide (page 21) to help isolate the problem.

The power and battery led indicator should at least turn on.

Since you know that the ac charger is ok then it narrows down to the DC in port , power board , motherboard and other internal parts and such would need skills and tools that your local service center tech can check further.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

LelouchV
Not applicable
Views: 87
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G570 laptop does nothing

Any information about what happened leading up to this would help. If you have a compatable laptop, try charging the battery on that laptop and putting back in this one to see if it boots. Or if that's not an option - You can go to a laptop repair shop and ask to test a battery for your computer. If their new battery boots up your computer, you can be sure it's your charging port that's damaged. Otherwise, the problem is other hardware which would probably cost more to fix than the laptop is worth - and even then may still not work if not done properly.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors