Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dutch3546
Not applicable
Views: 3,269
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G570 one key recovery problem

Question:

My G570 will not start windows. When I try to recover using the one key recovery button I will get a desktop background screen but no icons or recovery screens are visible, only the mouse pointer. Any ideas?

neokenchi
Not applicable
Views: 3,249
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G570 one key recovery problem

hi dutch3546,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

From the scenario that you just described, it looks like you have a bad hard drive. The only way to make sure is to do a hardware test on the HDD (you will need another computer with an CD-DVD Drive). I personally use UltimateBootCD for the diagnostics (use the HDD diagnostic according to the brand of your HDD). Video usage here.and here. Click here for details or:follow the stes below:

1. Download the the UBCD ISO (www.ultimatebootcd.com)

2. Burn the ISO using imgburn

3. Insert the CD that you just created into the defective computer and reboot

4. Upon reboot, continuously press F12 and boot from the ODD/CD-DVD

To burn the diagnostic softwre on a flashdrive, follow this guide

Note:

If you find any errors, you will need to change the HDD. If don't have a recovery or restore disc, you can obtain one by contacting the Lenovo Technical Suport. Support phone list here.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors