Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

05-05-2011

Carmichael

6 Signins

87 Page Views

• Views: 87
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G575 4383 Motherboard/Boot issue

2014-02-19, 21:44 PM

I have two hdds and a usb all having the same issue.

The first drive is the one that came with the laptop. It still has the same w7 partitions and everything. It has not been changed or modified It's a 320 gb western digital. What happens when I boot is it gets to post and then takes a really long to get past post...if it will at all. Once it gets past post and 'catches' the bootup in to windows is normal and so is function as far as I can tell.

The second drive is a 1tb western digital that I installed ubuntu studio on. A few months in, I began to I get ata system bus errors.  I don't exactly remember what the exact error was. It's recently gotten worse such that it won't even detect the 1tb drive.  No boot up at all.

The third drive I have tested on it is a usb stick/thumb drive/ that I have various linux iso's on. I also have ubcd and some other tools. I installed the iso's to run as live OS's using yumi.  This drive has a similiar problem as both of the other two. It takes a long time to get past post and once i get to my choice of OS's that I can boot in to, it takes a long time to 'catch'. Once it does, I will some times get the ata errors and get similiar to the ubuntu 1tb drive...but it has not failed completely.

I've run the western digital tool data life guard full test (it took overnight) on both drives and there are no errors, so I think the drive is okay.

What the heck is goin on?

Options

6095 Posts

02-11-2012

Philippines

4461 Signins

274737 Page Views

• Views: 274737
  • Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G575 4383 Motherboard/Boot issue

2014-02-20, 21:08 PM

hi jesusatemybaby,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Looking at the system boot process, the "ATA system bus" error that you're encountering is possibly due to the CPU/mobo that's not properly initializing hardware components (which explains the long wait times during POST).

One way to verify this is to run a diagnostic on the CPU/Motherboard by using Hot Cpu Tester or similar utility. If you get errors, you may need to consider getting the unit serviced.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

11-27-2020

United States of America

2 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo G575 4383 Motherboard/Boot issue

2020-11-27, 19:21 PM

First of all, I apologize on reply on inactive thread but I've found this thread via google search. Anyhow i'm also going through same issue. Any solid Solution?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms