Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 5 (446 Views)

Lenovo G580 (20150)- Geforce drivers from Lenovo won't install.

[ Edited ]

Hi. I've got Lenovo G580 (20150) and I'm trying to install the geforce graphics card present in the system. I don't know exactly what the gpu model is but it's something akin to Geforce 610M. I've got Windows 8.1 installed and the drivers from Lenovo support page for this laptop don't work (I tried drivers for Win 8.1/8/7). During installation the drivers installer says that it "couldn't find appropriate hardware".

I also tried various drivers from sites like driveridentifier but none worked. I even installed Win 10 and Windows Update found but couldn't install the drivers. I also have  Win 8.1 freshly installed. It's definitely not an OS problem. I also don't have recovery dvds/partition...

Here are the graphics identifiers:

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1140&SUBSYS_397717AA&REV_A1

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1140&SUBSYS_397717AA

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1140&CC_030200

PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_1140&CC_0302

Lenovo Technology Partner
Message 2 of 5 (403 Views)

Re: Lenovo G580 (20150)- Geforce drivers from Lenovo won't install.

Hi daerragh,

Welcome to the Community, nice to have you here.

Have you tried downloading the driver from Nvidia.com, as per the device id the video card is a NVIDIA GeForce GT 620M. You can also use the NVIDIA driver autodetect to get the right driver.

Cheers,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 5 (399 Views)

[ Edited ]

Yes I tried installing the official geforce notebook drivers drivers. They can't find the appropriate hardware.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Message 4 of 5 (385 Views)

Hi,

In this case I would recommend that you manually isntall the driver. Make sure you have downloaded that driver from support.lenovo.com and that you know where the extracted files are. Please follow this guide, after updating try using the auto detect from Nvidia again to make sure you have the latest driver. 

Cheers, 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudos!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 5 (358 Views)

I gave up and dosabled the discreet GPU in UEFI. It's GOOD that it has such option. 

Manual installation didn't work. I've even found a driver package that recognized the GPU and installed correctly but didn't work properly afterwords still....

Top kudoed Authors