Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samoo07
Paper Tape
Views: 152
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G580 (20150) wifi card problem.

Hi all
First time, sorry for my bad english, i'll try to the best from my english knownledge Smiley Happy

Well, i have that problem with my notebook, how i was updated my bios in it (for 5ECN96WW(V9.01) ), and the notebook didn't accept the wifi card for the since. and it's won't work with other else card neither. 

Everytimes wrote the same message "unauthorized wireless network card is plugged in. power off and remove it" and did nothing, 

If i don't disable the wifi card in the bios, that notebook isn't boot the windows just stay. Bios block it. Now i use an usb net adapter.

it's work,but not too stabile. That is heats up easily while in use, and usually slow or drop the connection.

However my question is how i can fix it? Can i remove the whitelist from the bios somehow? Someone who use(d) that type of lenovo notebook may can give me a bios back up for my G580, or something alternative method for it's accept the wifi card again.

The wifi card what i used, and worked perfectly before bios update an Azurewave AR5B125, and i tried Atheros AR5B195 and Atheros AR5B225 after bios update without succes.

Someone can help me pls.

Thank you in advance.

My notebook is G580 (20150)

BIOS: Insyde 03/14/2013 ver: 5ENC96WW(9.01)

CPU: I5 3210M

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 115
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G580 (20150) wifi card problem.

Hi Samoo07!

Welcome to community forums,

Let's to perform a power drain first:

-Remove the Battery and AC adapter.

-Hold down the power button for at least 15 sec.

-Now try to put the Battery and AC back in then turn on the system see if that resolved it.

If not, Try Accessing BIOS by tapping F2 when you press the ON button.

If successful in booting to BIOS press F9 to reset Settings and press Enter to confirm then press F10 to Save and Exit and Enter to confirm. Check if that fixed the issue.

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors