Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SeniorGuru
Views: 393
Message 11 of 15

Re: Lenovo G580 20157 Bios Problem

@SAMIRMAJI wrote:
I have the notebook Lenovo Ideapad G580 model 20157.
After Linux Mint 15 installation I have the following problem:
I can't enter to the BIOS/UEFI setup. When the laptop is loaded
in the initial screen says "Press F2 to enter Setup, F12 to enter Multiboot menu".
But when I press F2 nothing happens, loading goes on. When I press F12,
boot menu looks like:
1. linuxmint
2. PCI LAN: Atheros Boot Agent
3. ATAPI CD: .....
4. HDD ....
How can I get to the BIOS settings and Where download original BIOS version 62CN41WW?

Turn off the notebook then use the "Lenovo button" (has a ^ symbol on it, right next to the power button) to turn on the notebook.  If that does not work try resetting the BIOS by removing battery and AC adapter, press and hold the power button for 30 seconds then reattach battery and AC adapter and try turning unit on.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
SeniorGuru
Views: 392
Message 12 of 15

@SAMIRMAJI wrote:

LENOVO G580 CLICK SETUP  WANT PASSWORD

This would indicate your system has a BIOS password installed. If you did not set this yourself and cannot find the password it will require the notebook to be sent to a service center to be repaired.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
SAMIRMAJI
Paper Tape
Views: 268
Message 13 of 15

bios problam
Highlighted
SAMIRMAJI
Paper Tape
Views: 267
Message 14 of 15

Re: Lenovo G580 20157 password Bios Problem.

Can U help me. Because as soon as I start my lenovo G580 model 20157 S/N: ********** date 12/12/14 it display directly PASSWORD, But there's no Hard Drive inside, so no systeme windows, the laptop have only motherboard RAM memory and DVD drive. And as soon as u start it, it directly rightly it display PASSWORD. No mean to get into BIOS setting to change, no mean my friend. Even if U press F2 F10 F12 Delete key, remove CMOS battery memory RAM nothings no change PASSWORD is only there. So what to do? Perhaps to flash bios, how, no windows work . So if to flash it, it will boot from DVD driver or USB KEY? HELP HELP HELP PLEASE. THANKS.

Where can I get a Bios Flash for my G580 (20157), but not flashing from Windows, cause I lost my windows 8, and I have to reinstall it, and have problems, Bios don´t let me run from DVD, when beging the install it get frozen. And I prepare a USB to do that and is the same problem it show me the blue windows and frozen. So I suppose is a Bios problem. Can I get any help with these problem? Thanks in avance folks
SAMIRMAJI
Paper Tape
Views: 267
Message 15 of 15

have the notebook Lenovo Ideapad G580 model 20157.
After Linux Mint 15 installation I have the following problem:
I can't enter to the BIOS/UEFI setup. When the laptop is loaded
in the initial screen says "Press F2 to enter Setup, F12 to enter Multiboot menu".
But when I press F2 nothing happens, loading goes on. When I press F12,
boot menu looks like:
1. linuxmint
2. PCI LAN: Atheros Boot Agent
3. ATAPI CD: .....
4. HDD ....
How can I get to the BIOS settings and Where download original BIOS version 62CN41WW?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors