Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

1 Posts

03-27-2021

India

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G580 20157 Bios Problem

2021-03-27, 7:16 AM

Hey Lenovo,

My problem is that I am not able to enter the bios setup. I am not able to find the UEFI setup. My laptop supports UEFI but still it does not works. I want turn on VT but I am not able to do it. Instead of UEFI it shows that restore image. Please help me. It is my humble request 

Options

2298 Posts

01-08-2021

Philippines

147 Signins

13246 Page Views

• Views: 13246
  • Message 2 of 3

Re:Lenovo G580 20157 Bios Problem

2021-03-29, 13:41 PM

Hello EugeneR3622V,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

I might suggest to check your current BIOS version if it matches the version uploaded on the support site. On the support page, enter your machine serial number, go to Drivers and Software tab, click on Manual update and then check the BIOS drivers.

If these versions match, try to perform a power drain first before accessing the novo button.

Perform power cycle: shutdown the machine, disconnect all external/peripheral devices (external mouse, keyboard, flashdrives, etc.), press and hold down the power button for 30-45 seconds to drain flea power.

You may try accessing the Novo button (located beside the power button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.
Dex_Lenovo

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Options

1 Posts

04-06-2021

Austria

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 3

Re:Lenovo G580 20157 Bios Problem

2021-04-06, 13:33 PM

There can be many reasons. I found this:
1. Re-flashing the BIOS with unsoldering the microcircuit.

2. Re-flashing the BIOS using programs and a USB flash drive (I did it, it didn't work, and if it did, I reset the settings to default, but the passwords remained)

3. Selection of the engineering password for BIOS and for HDD. (I found generators on sites, downloaded generators none helped)

4. there are no clear CMOS jumpers. I took out the tablet, it did not help, there is non-volatile memory. Try to hold HOME before turning it on, sometimes it do my project helps. Still take off the screw, and look at the boot log - it can boot from a flash drive or CD. Then kilsmos or some kind of CMOS view / edit editor overwrite the bytes of the first checkum. After rebooting, it will write an error and offer to boot by default .

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms