Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WazThePro
Paper Tape
Views: 160
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G580 20157 Upgrades help.

Hi All,

I have A lenovo G580 20157... I am looking to upgrade the processor, ram and possibly GPU. Which parts can i use that would be all compatible with each other? I am ideally looking for an i5 processor, 8gb-16gb of RAM and a 1-2gb GPU.

Thanks all

Will provide more details if needed.

Guru
Views: 143
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G580 20157 Upgrades help.

Hi there. Here's a list of i series processors you can upgrade to... your motherboard supports the PPGA988 or FCPGA988 sockets, and the processors below are pulled directly from Lenovo's parts list. The i5-3210M seems to be the best option.

info.JPG

For memory, you can upgrade to a max of 16GB of PC3-12800 1600MHz DDR3 RAM. Your system board has two slots and supports dual-channel, so I would recommend getting 2 sticks of 4GB, like this one: https://www.amazon.com/Crucial-PC3-12800-SODIMM-204-Pin-Memory/dp/B008LTBJFW

The graphics card is either integrated (from the processor) or soldered on the system board, so you can't upgrade that.

Hope that helps!

Regards,
Eric Xu

I'm a Lenovo forums advocate and brand advocate (Lenovo INsider). I'm a volunteer; I don't work for Lenovo.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors