cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WarioDaMan
Paper Tape
Views: 1,727
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G580 2689 CPU upgrade to which i5/i7 CPU?

Hi!

I'm looking to upgrade my Lenovo G580 with its i3 2370M which really doesn't cut it anymore for work and other stuff. I was thinking the i5 3210m CPU or the i7 3520m. But can my G580 2689 go with an i7 3612QM or isn't there support for it with bios?
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,690
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G580 2689 CPU upgrade to which i5/i7 CPU?

Hi Wariodaman,

Welcome to the Lenovo Community.

As per the query we understood that you are looking for a processor upgrade for your G580 laptop.

As you have mentioned that you want to upgrade the processor to i7 3612QM, this model will support the requested process upgrade.

Please refer to the link.

Hope this helps! Do post us back for further queries.

Best regards,    

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Esdeve
Paper Tape
Views: 1,470
Message 3 of 4

Hi there, human people, living IA/geeks, and robots.

Sorry to make this old topic popping up after some months.
I'm going to buy this exact laptop, refurbished and already enhanced with the same proc the author of the thread asked an advise for.

Here is my situation :
I barely inform myself about hardware, not at all about intel graphics chipstets, and am not used at all to this news (for me it IS one) that a proc is able to take on directx/opengl/shaders by itself. In fact, I just thought "what the Fublubuuuuck?" when I first read the proc specs at http://ark.intel.com, and saw that it was speaking about GRAPHICS.

So there are my existential questions :
-Does this upgraded computer now have Intel HD graphics 4000 like it's said here ? http://ark.intel.com/fr/products/64893/Intel-Core-i7-3520M-Processor-4M-Cache-up-to-3_60-GHz

-Or will it be able to use it after installing a "proc driver" ? (proc driver uuuh ? really ?)

-Or else does the only things I have to look at are its others usuals specs, and the only graphics technology the computer will ever have are what it's former always existing GMA chipset already gives ?
It's this one I think : http://www.intel.fr/content/www/fr/fr/chipsets/performance-chipsets/mobile-chipset-hm76.html

-Or ... ???

Well it's not that it's totally important to me to have theses Graphics 4000 on this computer, but I need to update myself you know, and I'm feeling I'm really going nuts here. World is changing around me, all that ... And me not knowing it all.

Thanks for answering.

Yoki
Paper Tape
Views: 707
Message 4 of 4

Hi Ashwin,

I have Lenovo G580 model Machine Type Model2689CTO. Can you please suggest compatible processors? After the installation of the new processor, will I ned to upgrade the BIOS/UFEI?

Thank you.

Top Kudoed Authors