Did you mean: 
goonygoog
What's DOS?
Views: 232
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G580 - Bios menu not loading but ubuntu pendrive picks up

Please assist as I did the following steps to access the BIOS, it hangs:

1. Shut down the computer

2. Press the "Recovery Button" NOT THE POWER BUTTON (A small round button with curve arrow sign which is located on the left side of the Power Button just next to the dust removal opening on the left side of the laptop)

3. Selected the BIOS Setup and nothing happens.

I cannot even choose the boot option. If I put a pendrive with ubuntu, It picks it up, but not the Windows pendrive.

My original HDD has bad sectors and cannot clone it.

Any Ideas on how to help me?

SeniorGuru
Views: 198
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G580 - Bios menu not loading but ubuntu pendrive picks up

@goonygoog wrote:

Please assist as I did the following steps to access the BIOS, it hangs:

1. Shut down the computer

2. Press the "Recovery Button" NOT THE POWER BUTTON (A small round button with curve arrow sign which is located on the left side of the Power Button just next to the dust removal opening on the left side of the laptop)

3. Selected the BIOS Setup and nothing happens.

I cannot even choose the boot option. If I put a pendrive with ubuntu, It picks it up, but not the Windows pendrive.

My original HDD has bad sectors and cannot clone it.

Any Ideas on how to help me?

If your computer is "hanging" at the Lenovo Bios display and not booting to Windows, you would seem to have issues with the hard disk drive.  Usually this can be fixed by booting from a Windows 10 DVD and using the tools it contains to scan the disk for errors and rebuild the boot sector.

If the drive has sectors dropping out - then it may be better to replace with a new one.  If this is the case I would reccomend trying a USB dock to retrieve your data files from the drive if possible.  Also I hope you made your recovery disk set, without it you will need to either purchase  a retial OS disk, or purchase the recovery disk set for your notebook from Lenovo.

Lastly, make sure you purchase a HDD with the same specificaions as what is currently installed.  IE - SATA, 5400RPM and the same size or larger if possible.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Top Kudoed Authors