cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ncrazvan
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 4,012
Message 11 of 21

Re: Lenovo G580 Dolby Advanced Audio v2 windows 8 problem!

Third post - today when I loged in on my laptop it stoped working. I just don't know why, seems like Micro$oft is one sun of a .. gun. I retried the solutions posted by me (heh) and it doesn't work anymore. I have nothing more to add, w8 autoupdate thing is just a pain in the back. I hate this, is just stupid.

moqtadi
What's DOS?
Views: 3,894
Message 12 of 21

hii

i tried uninstall the sound drivers installed on my system then uninstall Conexant HD Audio and Dolby Advanced Audio v2 from control panel and finaly install this one:

Conexant Driver

the sound now is much better.

regards Smiley Wink 

moqtadi
What's DOS?
Views: 3,894
Message 13 of 21

hii
i tried t uninstall the sound drivers installed on my system then uninstall Conexant HD Audio and Dolby Advanced Audio v2 from control panel and finaly install this one:

Conexant Driver http://support.lenovo.com/en_CA/downloads/detail.page?DocID=DS031339

the sound now is much better.
regards Smiley Wink
najgauner
What's DOS?
Views: 3,725
Message 14 of 21

I turn WOrld of tanks on if my dolby is not functioning and then its going, so i would advice to turn on the same music format as the music in WOT. so turn some game on and it should OK

eggshaped
Punch Card
Views: 3,671
Message 15 of 21

It was working for a while until recently, not sure if it was a driver update or windows 8 update but Dolby isn't working at all now.

I've checked and all drivers are up to date.  Can't try the fix for the connexant driver as I have the Realtek version.  Any ideas how to get it working again?  I'm seriously thinking of going back to windows 7 Smiley Sad

srisri
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,658
Message 16 of 21

Re: Lenovo G580 Dolby Advanced Audio v2 windows 8 problem! SOLVED

hey yep i too faced that problem in earlier but its solved now just fallowing steps

1.first connect ur laptop to internet which is fast download

2.just go to programs and features by win+x press

3.then a window ll appear from left top corner you can see TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF  click it

4.now a new window ll appear there select check box .NET FRAME WORK 3.5 and click OK

5.now automatically windows 8 os ll download drivers nd ask restart 

6.after restart u can see the magic every thing works in win7 os ll work on win8 os

Smiley Happy

eggshaped
Punch Card
Views: 3,647
Message 17 of 21

Thank you but I followed all your steps and still no dolby sound Smiley Sad

I installed all the updates after selecting .net 3.5 and all the options inside it, computer restarted but no change to the sound.

Does your sound have working Dolby audio on Windows 8?  Which model are you using?  I'm using the G580 2689.

Thanks.

srisri
Blue Screen Again
Views: 3,637
Message 18 of 21

yes my lapy g580 i faced same problem as you, but now its working in win8 pro os

see you have to use energy management software which is given in drivers cd and do not update it with any new versions,becuase new version of energy management ll not allow our lenovo softwares which are working in win7 k

eggshaped
Punch Card
Views: 3,615
Message 19 of 21

Thank you for your efforts to help but this didn't work either Smiley Sad

The windows 7 energy management software had compatability issues but I ran it anyway.  Still no Dolby sound.

The odd thing is that I've had the new energy management software already on my machine while Dolby was working.  Something happened within the last couple of months that made it stop working.  Possibly a windows 8 update or something?  

sirmac
What's DOS?
Views: 1,981
Message 20 of 21

ncrazvan,

LE. 2 worked for me.

I'm a software developer and the amount of out of the box issues are amazing to me. I hate to update software, am forced to update software but even out of the box it doesn't work and only by chance research did i come by your very helpful post.

These products very frustrating.

Thanks again!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors