Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mohamedelhalaby
Paper Tape
Views: 159
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G580 Motherboard

I have a Lenovo laptop G580, and his  motherboard is damaged. So I need a new one, the motherboard model is 90000311, but it has been difficult to find one for me because I'm from egypt and it is very expensive .

My question is: Is there another motherboard model that can be used by my laptop? or Is it the only one?

Note : motherboard have a nvidia card video and intel card video 

Thanks for all.

SeniorGuru
Views: 135
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G580 Motherboard

I would strongly recommend downloading and reading up on the Maintenance Manual, especially the parts listing. It will show you all the options for motherboards that can fit your system shell. Be careful, some have less features than others and may also not support the current CPU you have installed.

Also - make sure you are up on all the necessary tooling and safe guards against ESD before you dive in. Have containers (plastic cups) for small parts that you remove, take pictures of locations before you remove items and document what screws go where, as there are small differences between them, and you do not want to get them confused.

Good luck

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Mohamedelhalaby
Paper Tape
Views: 104
Message 3 of 4

I want to change my motherboard 90000311
What are the Different types of compatible mother boards for my unit 1 LG58 MB DIS N13M-GE 1G W/BT/HDMI WO/3G (G580) 90000311 ??????

Mod's Comment: Please do not start multiple posts on same issue as this only splinters the discussion. Instead, keep your current discussion updated with any additional information. This post has been merged with an existing discussion.   Thanks !

SeniorGuru
Views: 79
Message 4 of 4

As I had stated previously, I strongly suggest downloading the Maintenance Manual for your system, read the procedure thoroughly and then look up the different system boards as supplied in the parts listing. You may also want to contact Lenovo Support directly to see if they have any "old stock" motherboards for your unit.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Top Kudoed Authors