Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Message 1 of 7 (1,604 Views)

Lenovo G580 WIFIproblem.

[ Edited ]

I have a g580(2689) with win 10 and ubuntu14. Problem started a day ago, i am unable to turn on the wifi in windows. The option is not even highlighted. Diagnostics told me that wireless connections are turned of so i tried FN +F5 but still no change . Drivers are uptodate. Everything is working fine on linux. Any solution.

Bit Torrent
Message 2 of 7 (1,587 Views)

Re: Lenovo G580 WIFIproblem.

Sounds like a bad or corrupt driver.   Have you tried removing the WiFi card from within Windows Device Manager, checking the box to "Delete driver software for this device", rebooting and then installing the latest driver from Lenovo?

Blue Screen Again
Message 3 of 7 (1,560 Views)

I uninstalled the device from device manager and re installed it. There are no official drivers from lenovo g580 fro windows 10. Some drivers were installed from windows update rest were installed at the time of windows installation. The wifi card driver was automatically installed by windows.
Fanfold Paper
Message 4 of 7 (1,547 Views)

I had that annoying problem too. Follow these steps shown in picture. It was windows 10's problem. 

Untitled1.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.pngUntitled4.pngUntitled6.pngUntitled7.png

Blue Screen Again
Message 5 of 7 (1,539 Views)

[ Edited ]

Frost_mgl wrote:

I had that annoying problem too. Follow these steps shown in picture. It was windows 10's problem. 

Untitled1.pngUntitled2.pngUntitled3.pngUntitled4.pngUntitled6.pngUntitled7.png

As soon as I uninstall the device it disappears. Sacn for hardware changes shows device for a couple of seconds(2 actually) and then re-installs the old driver. I also tried to update the software manually but nothing happened.Don't know what happened everything was fine till day before yesterday. Still no issue in linux.Here's a screensnap of my network adapters. Also the directory you were browsing(as on pics) for the drivers doesn't exisits on mine. But the drivers are available at C:\Windows folder.

Blue Screen Again
Message 6 of 7 (1,533 Views)

Thankyou everyone for your kind support. Since my patience was over so i went and made the BIOS reset to defaults. Now its working fine. Thanks for wasting your time on my issue.
Fanfold Paper
Message 7 of 7 (1,473 Views)

I'm glad that you did fixed it. I'll keep in mind that your solution. Thanks

Top kudoed Authors