cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doodle11
Paper Tape
Views: 780
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G580 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ISO Install via USB Stick, BOOTMGR is missing, F2 & F12 Setup

Hello!

I've got a Lenovo G580 laptop that i'm trying to install Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on using an ISO file on a USB stick. Currently all that's happening is the Black Screen with "BOOTMGR is Missing, press ctrl+alt+del". I'm able to get to the setup areas for both F2 & F12 but the default settings aren't working. Is there something I need to changed for this kind of setup? Also, is there a particular way to prep the USB stick to work properly? I formatted it and uploaded the ISO file. Nothing seems to be working. HELP!

-Doodle

Doodle11
Paper Tape
Views: 738
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G580 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ISO Install via USB Stick, BOOTMGR is missing, F2 & F12

41 views and not a single reply, thanks forum!
Highlighted
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 728
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo G580 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ISO Install via USB Stick, BOOTMGR is missing, F2 & F12

@Doodle11 wrote:
41 views and not a single reply, thanks forum!

Good day.

I have moved your thread. It is now in the correct sub-forum: Lenovo B and G notebooks.

Previously, it was in: ThinkPad P and W mobile workstations.

Two very different classes of machines, which may be why there were no responses.

Regards.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

Doodle11
Paper Tape
Views: 668
Message 4 of 4

You're very kind Sarbin thank you.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors