Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit our eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

6 Posts

07-06-2012

india

9 Signins

124 Page Views

• Views: 124
  • Message 1 of 7

Lenovo G580 battery problem

2012-09-25, 15:35 PM

Battery automatic Discharged while Plunge Adapter

What is Issue?

Resolve my issue

Options

1 Posts

10-03-2012

HYDERABAD

1 Signins

13 Page Views

• Views: 13
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo G580 battery problem

2012-10-03, 18:42 PM

Hi,i am also facing the same problem,any help would be appreciated.

Options

1244 Posts

11-02-2011

India

1456 Signins

9967 Page Views

• Views: 9967
  • Message 3 of 7

2012-10-04, 12:16 PM

Hi

Welcome To Lenovo Community

We are really sorry for the issue you are facing the system

Please try this... Open Lenovo Energy Management it has two options 'Best battery health' which charges the battery to just 50% thereby ensuring its longer lifetime and 'longest battery runtime' which charges the battery to 100% giving full backup thereby reducing its lifetime

Select longest battery runtime charge the battery to 100%, then shut off laptop, remove AC adapter, remove battery pack, press power button and keep pressed for about 30 second, release and press again for 30 sec. Then insert battery and plug in AC adapter, start up laptop

Please let us know the results

Hope This Helps

Cheers!!!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English Community   Deutsche Community   Comunidad en Español

Options

1 Posts

02-13-2013

Bucharest

14 Signins

74 Page Views

• Views: 74
  • Message 4 of 7

Lenovo G580 battery problem

2013-03-07, 9:45 AM

Hi ,

I have a similar problem .

I have a brand new g580 with windows 8 installed , after I installed the energy power management software  I chose the option "optimized battery health " this worked for a while but in a week time battery got stuck at " 55% pluged in , not charging" .

I've tried everything written here on the posts ( changing the charge option , unplugging and removing the battery .... draining system of energy while pushing 2 times for 30 sec the power button etc. 

No matter what I do battery status won't change and if I unplug the ac adaptor computer shuts down instantly.

Is it possible to solve this with an bios update , and if yes where can I find an updated file for my system?

Please advise .

Thank you !

Options

1 Posts

04-14-2013

челябинская . обл

1 Signins

17 Page Views

• Views: 17
  • Message 5 of 7

Re: Lenovo G580 батарея проблема

2013-04-14, 7:42 AM

у меня почти токая же проблема от сети не работает,без батареи не работает на 100% зарежается только за ночь , пытался разредить не видит адаптер                                                                                                                               если вы решили проблему подскажите в чём дело.  

Moderator, translate.google.com translation of above,

I have almost the same problem Tokay from the network does not work without the battery does not work 100% zarezhaetsya only for the night, trying to defuse the adapter does not see a problem if you decide to tell me what's wrong.     

Moderator Note; by all means post in your own language for accuracy, but as the forum language is English we request that you provide a English translation.

Options

2 Posts

08-23-2013

Slovakia

5 Signins

18 Page Views

• Views: 18
  • Message 6 of 7

2013-10-20, 17:40 PM

yeah, this is the solution thx guy!!!!

Options

1 Posts

12-02-2013

Pune

1 Signins

32 Page Views

• Views: 32
  • Message 7 of 7

2013-12-02, 9:28 AM

Dear Sir,

Please refer the trail mail. My Lenovo battery failed on 23rd November night(Saturday). I discovered that technical centre operates from Monday-Friday. My machine warranty expired on 24th November(Sunday).
I called toll free on 25th November(Monday) morning from my office wherein I was told that I need to have the laptop with me and internet connection  before I call. I called toll free again on 26th November wherein they checked and found my battery has been destroyed.
Thereafer I dropped the mail on 26th November night.

Despite giving all these details, the customer care centre is not willing to replace the battery under the warranty period or send a service personnel to my place. My call records can be traced from my registered mobile number.

Please let me know if you would be able to help me get the battery replaced. It failed within one year of purchase.

Please do let me know if you need any further details from my end.

Regards
Siddhartha Ray

----- Forwarded Message -----
To: xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Consumer Technical Support
Sent: Thursday, 28 November 2013 1:17 AM
Subject: RE: Lenovo G580; machine no;xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Siddhartha,

Thank you for contacting Lenovo Support Centre.

We would like to inform you that your system’s warranty has expired on 24/11/2013.
and since you have mailed us on 26/11/2013.hence it will not be covered under warranty.
However kindly send the scanned copy of invoice to xxxxxxxxxxxxxx to assist you further.

Please reply to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx to avoid any delay in service.

We appreciate your business with Lenovo.
Thanks and regards,
Shylesh
Consumers - Email Support Team

Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 7:44 PM
To: Idea Support5
Subject: Re: Lenovo G580; machine no;xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,
I think you are missing the point. My warranty expired on sunday 24th Nov, the night when the battery failed. The tech team is available between Mon-Sat.
If you are not able to decide, pls me the next higher authority to whom I can speak.

Regards
Siddhartha
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone

Date: Wed, 27 Nov 2013 12:53:33 +0000
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Customer,

Thank you for mailing Lenovo Technical Support Centre.

We regret to hear the technical issues that you are facing with the Lenovo machine.

We checked your machine details in our records and we are really sorry to inform you that we have found the machine is out of warranty as per our database. In case if you have purchased warranty extension, request you to share the warranty extension registration form along with the Invoice of your system and we shall be more than happy to assist you further with this.

Please reply to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  to avoid any delay in service.
We appreciate your business with Lenovo.

Thanks and regards,
Shazia
Consumers - Email Support Team
  | Toll Free No: 1800 3000 5366| Lenovo-India|

Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2013 1:54 PM
To: siddhartha; Consumer Technical Support
Cc: Syed

Dear Customer,

Greetings!

We have reviewed your query and understand that you are facing technical issues with the machine. The request has been redirected to the Technical Expert’s Team who will assist you and work towards an appropriate resolution.

For any technical queries in future please feel free to reach out to the below posted numbers,

For Idea Products: Toll Free: 1800 3000 5366 / E-Mail:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
For Think Products: Think: Toll Free: 1800 419 4666 / E-Mail:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

*Kindly note that our New E-Mail ID is xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and the current E-Mail ID xxxxxxxxxxxxx will be auto deactivated Shortly*

Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2013 9:19 PM
To: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Lenovo G580; machine no;xxxxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir,

I bought my Lenovo G580 laptop in November 2012.

On 23rd November and 24th November, 2013(Sunday) night, the battery suddenly stopped working.

I was able to reach support only on 25th November(Monday) from office, wherein I was told that they would need me to have the laptop and internet connection before they can diagnose.

I was able to reach the support center today, 26th November where they diagnosed that the battery is completely destroyed(file attached). Since the warranty expired on 24th november, they refused to replace the battery and instead asked me to visit the service center to get the job done.

Considering the battery failed during the warranty period, on a sunday,  I request Lenovo to replace the battery free of cost.

Please let me know if you can consider my request.

Regards
Siddhartha

Moderator Note; s/n edited for member's own protection. Further edits made for compliance to the forum rules

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms