Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eruvee
Blue Screen Again
Views: 94
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G580 boot menu is not working when pressing F2 and F12 key

Hello.

So I have this problem and I really don't know what to do. I was playing a game (HotS, been playing it for 6 months on the same laptop) and suddenly my keyboard stopped working. So I wanted to wait until the match ends but suddebly my screeb froze. And I couldn't do anything since there is no clicable menu and keyboard was gone. 

So I turned it off, waited and turnwd it back on. The Lenovo sign came on along with the circle... and that's it. It's been like that for over an hour... I unlugged the charger so now I'm waiting till the battery runs out. 

Could this be caused by a virus or something? Lately it sometimes froze when I was typing in Word and was listening to smthng on youtube. 

Also, I would need a quick solution since I need the laptop for school (all my work is there and I can't lose it).

Thank you for all your comments

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 61
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G580 boot menu is not working when pressing F2 and F12 key

Hi Eruvee!

Welcome to the Community,

While the laptop is in Off state, access BIOS and check the HDD in BIOS information tab.

https://support.lenovo.com/gr/en/solutions/ht500216

You may also share us a photo showing the BIOS information, so we can check it. A power drain will also help,

https://support.lenovo.com/gr/en/troubleshoot/lpt000683

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebppl and Twitter!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale