Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
Message 1 of 9 (403 Views)

Lenovo G580 do not booting

I had G580 with Win10 updated from Win8. After disk replace to Samsung EVO 850 computer do not boot. Only LCD was turn on and it has silver color (background light only). When I put on it stock disk everythink run ok, but I can not access bios. Then I was remove BIOS battery to check if it will possible to access BIOS. From that moment is G580 black-screen, does not boot with stock HDD, do not install WIN10 from recovery DVD, restore button does not work, battery remove and turning on for resset does not working.. Nothig. Laptop turn ON but screen is black. Never happend this before with any laptop. I google and try almost every hint.

Guru
Message 2 of 9 (379 Views)

Re: Lenovo G580 do not booting

Remove battery and AC power from notebook then press and hold the power button down for more than 30 seconds. Once completed, replace battery and AC power then use "Lenovo" button to start computer. Select BIOS from list of options and run diagnostics test on the hard drive.

Also - if you replaced the hard drive without cloning it to the SSD you will need a retail OS install disk to load onto the SSD or HDD you are using.

Optionally you can try recovery media if it still is available from Lenovo Support.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 9 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]

forgot my ID.. anyway.. nothing work.. I take out cmos battery, and main battery.. PC starting but screen is still black. I belive I was destoy whole PC just by taking out cmos battery.. LENOVO newer again.

Guru
Message 4 of 9 (335 Views)

If you removed the CMOS battery it may have damaged the system main board, especially if it was soldered in place.  Desoldering can damage sensitive components and without out that battery the system will not boot correctly.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 9 (319 Views)

CMOS battery is easy accesible under the lid and battery is removable. CR2032 battery. If lenovo designed this PC to destroy itself by removing this battery.... I did it at many PCs and it just set up bios to default.

Paper Tape
Message 6 of 9 (289 Views)

have it 64 or 32 bit procesor? I need reflash bios, but I do not know if 64 or 32 bit and cant find bios file too.. only exe. after exe extracting there is some 15k file

Guru
Message 7 of 9 (281 Views)

Good to hear that the CMOS was in a socket rather than hard soldered to motherboard.  There are a few too many different motherboards used for options to be 100% on that, is why I was rather generic with response.

Have you tried using a second monitor on the external port of the notebook?  It may be that the LCD cable went bad or was disconnected at one end...  If the external shows content, then examine the internal LCD cable.

Lastly - have you attempted to boot the notebook using the Lenovo Button instead of the power button?  Lenovo Button is next to and smaller than the power button.  I use a soft point stylus to depress the one on my G580, and that boots it into a small menu with choices for recovery and BIOS.

CB

Paper Tape
Message 8 of 9 (269 Views)

[ Edited ]

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1p3wkdesc480nnq/20160909_111809.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ko5xn7cs9doz8pc/20160909_111823.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g43v0tj8u5ueldo/20160909_111856.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/oxunj5oouird786/20160909_112013.jpg?dl=0

I have tried all common methods to diagnose. It was so quick, I don't believe somethink can broken. It is 100% BIOS issue. All went wrong after BIOS battery was removed. Laptop has W10 upgrade. When I push restore button it start up but turn off after while. Maybe it don not work with upgraded Windows. We made restore DVD before disk replacemet, but when screen is still black we can not do anything. I tried re-flash BIOSvia usb , but methods I google for, doesn't work. I don't know even if it use Phoenix or InsydeH2O Bios

Guru
Message 9 of 9 (260 Views)

My G580 uses the InsydeH20 bios flash utility, but yours appears to be different, I do not have CMOS battery in socket on motherboard, at least not where yours is...

Have you contacted Lenovo Support by phone? Provide them with serial number (do not post in forum) and they should be able to inform you of the particulars for your system.

Good luck.

CB

Top kudoed Authors