Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saderr54
Paper Tape
Views: 1,053
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G580 not showing boot order from USB or DVD

Hello,

After reinstalling Windows 10 ( Laptop came preinstalled with Windows 8) , I cannot see option of booting from USB or DVD. It doesn't exist anymore. I tried changing UEFI to Legacy and everything is the same, I don't get USB or DVD as options.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,028
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G580 not showing boot order from USB or DVD

Hi saderr54,

Follow the steps on this link: https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500207 on how to boot from USB disk under Windows 8, Windows 10. Let us know if this works. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

saderr54
Paper Tape
Views: 1,015
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G580 not showing boot order from USB or DVD

Hello,

I have followed the instructions, set everything on Legacy  and DVD-RW option has appeared , however I still don't use USB  in the list. I wanted to create a dual boot with Linux so I managed to start installation but after I clicked to begin installation after setting partition the problem appeared with grub/boot manager, and I aborted  installation.

However , the DVD-RW has appeared in the boot order list in BIOS so at least I can boot from DVD now.Thanks

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors