Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
liampaddick
Paper Tape
Views: 1,654
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo G580 scroll and finger gestures not working after windows 8.1 upgrade

After upgrading to Windows 8.1 from windows 8, the mousepad on my device doesn't support multi-finger gestures anymore (2-fingers scrolling, ...). It's just a basic touchpad now. Before the upgrade, everything worked fine in Windows 8. 

I looked on the Lenovo website for drivers, but there is no driver available:  

"Elan Touchpad Driver (Inbox) for Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit) - Lenovo G580(2189, 20150):

This driver is provided by Microsoft within your Windows 8.1 (32-bit, 64-bit) installation.
Please use the Windows 8.1 Inbox driver.

Inbox driver is a native driver that is supplied with the Operating System."

I can't get it to work with windows 8 anymore either.

note: I have reninstalled windows 8 now so if anyone has any advice on getting it to work on windows 8 then that would be great! Smiley Happy

Any help would be appreciated Smiley Happy

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 1,627
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo G580 scroll and finger gestures not working after windows 8.1 upgrade

hi liampaddick,

When you reinstalled Windows 8, did you pressed the OneKey Recovery button? (pressing this button will restore the default factory settings of the system - including the Touchpad gestures).

- Link to picture

If you performed a clean installation of Windows 8, can you try the following:

1. Reinstall the ELAN Touchpad driver from the D:\Drivers\Touchpad folder or download and install it from the lenovo site

Touchpad Driver (Synaptics, Elan) 
243MB

2. After installing, navigate to Control Panel (large icon view) > Mouse (Properties) > ELAN Tab (Options) and check if you can enable the two finger scrolling.

- Sample image

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

liampaddick
Paper Tape
Views: 1,626
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo G580 scroll and finger gestures not working after windows 8.1 upgrade

Hi
Thanks for the help but it seems after 4 downloads and installs of those drivers it finally worked in the fifth! Time to try 8.1 again and see if the drivers will work this time! Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors