05-29-2018 02:03 AM - edited 05-29-2018 02:21 AM
I've performed some upgrades but need a little more
1. so I'm currently using IPS display LP156WHA-SLL1
it works fine but this has the same resolution , and I'd like a higher .
do you know any other display matrix for that?
2. also upgraded from Intel Celeron to i5 3210M but also would like more, is it possible to upgrade to i7 or even to upper models in i5 series?
3. Added RAM two ones: 4Gb + 8Gb but would like to upgrade to 32Gb, is it possible to use more than 8Gb in a single slot?
4. I'm working under linux mint and default wireless modul doesn't work fine, only wifi works well, but bluetooth does not.
could you recommend me another wireless modules tested with our laptop?
5. I heard something about a keyboard with backlight but didn't see this. Is it really exist or not?
P.S. I don't use CD drive and prefer to make a laptop lighter , does there exist a stub for this slot?
05-29-2018 09:41 AM - edited 05-29-2018 09:51 AM
Most of the time you would need to download the Maintenance Manual and look thru the parts list near the back to find what will work and is supported by your notebook computer.
This is the link to the manual, look down the bookmarks to find the parts list and browse thru for items supported.
PS - for the WiFi with BT, I would go with an Intel based chip-set, they are easily the most Linux friendly out there. As a fall back, ping the Linux Mint community with your options from the parts list and ask them which WiFi +BT works best.
PS - as far as backlit keyboard, there are non that work with this notebook, nor does it support 32gb of main memory. The unit takes DDR3-1600 memory in 2gb or 4gb modules with 2 slots available. If you use 8gb or 16gb sticks the notebook may fail to boot, and will show a warning screen instead.
05-30-2018 10:55 AM - edited 05-30-2018 11:16 AM
however I see only broadcomm cards with bluetooth are there , and still no solutions under linux.
So I suppose I have to use unauthorized cards and with unlocking BIOS whitelist ((
05-30-2018 05:13 PM
05-30-2018 09:49 PM
wifi part of the card works fine, and bluetooth is also detected:
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 105b:e065 Foxconn International, Inc. BCM43142A0 Bluetooth module
however it can't pair with any device. just infinitly search for the devices (of course, I'm providing some devices, different ones, in pair mode).
I didn't see similar sitation described on mint forums , but I 'll ask there