Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jondoe1891
Paper Tape
Views: 126
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G580 switches on but nothing happens

When I turn on my G580 the screen lights up but stays black and nothing happens, the little light next to the camera turns off after a few seconds too, the fan is on and working, but I don't think the hard drive is making any noise, what can I do?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 97
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G580 switches on but nothing happens

Hi! Welcome to our forums community. We will try to power drain the laptop. Kindly hold down the power button for 10 seconds. If the issue is till the same, try a different charger. You may also try plugging it from a different wall outlet. If everything fails, try booting to BIOS. The instruction is here: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216. Update us with the result.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Jondoe1891
Paper Tape
Views: 82
Message 3 of 4

Nothing happens when I go into bios or anything

SeniorGuru
Views: 63
Message 4 of 4

Do you have an external monitor (HDMI) that you can connect to the notebook, see if it can show the system information instead.

If this works, and you can see displayed desktop or logo, then try using the notebook screen swap function key to toggle between external and notebook screens.

If this does not work, it may mean that your notebook screen has died, will require replacement. You may be able to find a replacement LCD panel online, just make sure it matches the one in the notebook.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors