Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hahadead7777
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,572
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo G700 BlueTooth issue

I am having issues using the bluetooth feature that I believe is supposed to be on my laptop. The laptop is currently Windows 8.1. I'm going to leave a short version and a full detailed version including everything I have attempted previously before going to the forums.I have not used or looked at the bluetooth feature on here since obtaining it as a hand me down but I was not the person who updated the laptop to windows 8.1 . I'm hoping I don't have to obtain a BlueTooth Dongle but thank you for taking the time to read and respond to my issue. 

Short version

Spoiler
I cannot get bluetooth to to function properly. I have tried multiple methods and only have been able to start up the bluetooth support service. Whether or not it was actually working I do not know. 

Detailed version

Spoiler
I am having trouble getting bluetooth to be visible much less even function on my Lenovo G700 laptop. This laptop has gone windows 10 and was reverted back to windows 8.1 and am mentioning it because it has caused issues with other things such as my Mic, speakers, and Dolby but were fixed thanks to my friend using the TeamViewer tool. When he first went through we were looking for other things but we did see previous bluetooth things so I'm pretty sure it came with bluetooth. Also LAPTOP LISTING this is where the laptop was listed when it was still for sale. I have installed the latest windows 8.1 bluetooth driver listed in the Lenovo support page after downloading the tool to specifically find my laptop and filter out all of the other drivers. Once I installed the driver and restarted I did see a bluetooth logo in Task Manager but after shutting down the laptop this logo was never seen again. No the function was never there just stating that I did in fact see the logo in task manager. I have also went into RUN and got to the Bluetooth support service and edited a few things while following tutorials. I had changed the Startup Type: to Automatic, Went onto Log On and changed to Local System account, Then went to Recovery and turned all failure options to Restart the Service. Once I did that I ran into an error with finding an account. So I searched the error code and went back onto Log On and selected This Accound. I then typed out the account that was said and put the passwords to blank. This fixed the error. I have restarted the Laptop since doing this. I have tried to go through Lenovo support but given my not so fun call I was given this option. I have usually found help to be better from the community more often anyways. 

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,530
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo G700 BlueTooth issue

Have you physically looked at the hardware (Wireless Card) and ran the units serial / model / part numbers thru Google to see if it does in fact have bluetooth?  I ask this as the listing you link to states the bluetooth module is "optional" rather than included as fact.

I would also recommend that you download your service / maintenance manual from the Lenovo Support tab of this website and look at the listing of parts for WiFi and bluetooth, which you can use as a "reference" tool to see exactly what part is in your notebook.

Once you have this information, post back and we will see what we can do to assist you with further troubleshooting.

Cheers.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
hahadead7777
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,522
Message 3 of 6

All I have looked at is the fan when I took the laptop apart to change it since it was no longer working. I had no reason to look for anything else nor would I know what I was looking at so I have not seen my Wireless card.

Ok after a bit of searching I made little progress. In the manual it says that select models come with bluetooth and did not state or I could not find it state which ones. I have visited the only part of Lenovo support that I'm aware that I can put a model type or serial number in. Which I will note that when I put in the model number and then add in a serial number when it's an option it changes the model type from what I put. So I  used both for my searches. I have only encountered this. Will note that also with both searches they both showed up a result for the Bluetooth driver that I had installed if that is relevant. 

• Built-in antenna with min-USB interface, select Models

I can't seem to find anything that states which models. I have searched the serial number and model number on google as well. I did check in the BIOS for the bluetooth option and didn't see one and figured I would mention that in case that would be relevant to knowing if I even have it or if it's not showing up cause it's not functioning properly.

I have run into this in the PDF file and am going to put it a certain part here in case this info is important because it mentions something about a bluetooth in a memory card area. Sorry if it's irrelevant just putting it there because it looked important and showed up when I did a Ctrl+f and typed Bluetooth

Spoiler
Using memory cards (not supplied) Your computer supports the following types of memory cards: • Secure Digital (SD) card • MultiMediaCard (MMC) Inserting a memory card 1 Push the dummy card in until you hear a click. 2 Gently pull the dummy card out of the memory card slot. 3 Slide the memory card in until it clicks into place. Removing a memory card 1 Push the memory card in until you hear a click. 2 Gently pull the memory card out of the memory card slot. Notes: • Insert only one card in the slot at a time. • This card reader does not support SDIO devices (e.g., SDIO Bluetooth and so on.).

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,515
Message 4 of 6

Here is the link to your manual - https://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles_pub/lenovo_g700g710_hmm.pdf

On page 72 of the manual you will find the follwoing list of parts:

1.  WLAN,WiFi 1 × 1 BGN,Cbt BCM94313HMG 1 × 1 BGN HMC 20200102 N

2.  WLAN,WiFi 1 × 1 BGN,Liteon HB125 1 × 1 BGN HMC 20200223 N

3.  WLAN,WiFi 1 × 1 BGN+BT4.0,Cbt BCM943142HM 1 × 1 BGN+BT4.0 HMC 20200222 N

4.  WLAN,WiFi 1 × 1 BGN+BT4.0,Liteon WB225 1 × 1 BGN+BT4.0 HMC 20200224 N

Part 1, is just a WiFi card, manufactured by Broadcom carries BCM94313HMB on the card's sticker

Part 2 is a WiFi card, manufactured by LiteOn, carries HB125 on the card's sticker

Part 3 is a WiFi and BlueTooth 4.0 combo card,  manufactured by Broadcom, carries BCM943142HM on the card's sticker

Part 4 is a WiFi and BlueTooth 4.0 combo card, manufactured by LiteOn, carries WB1225 on the card's sticker

This is what I was refering to as the "list" of parts that could be found to help identifiy your particular hardware. 

Page 35 shows how to remove the computers access panel, and once removed you can proceed to locate and identify your hardware.  The WiFi moduel will have antenna leads connected to the top of the card.  It is usually smaller than the memory card. This is shown on page 40.   Usually one only has to view the card as it sits to get the numbers / information from it.  If you have to remove the card for further inspection try not to dislodge the antenna wires, they can be difficult to reattach correctly.

Once you have the information from the stickers on the card, compare them to the listing of parts I have provided and see wich one you have, and whether or not it is supposed to support BT.

Good luck.

CB

PS - Also good to make note of card's with BT and the corresponding part number so it can be ordered from Lenovo if needed.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
hahadead7777
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 1,500
Message 5 of 6

I checked and I believe I am the second one :/ must mean that either this came with the driver and not the card or the previous owner tried getting the driver. Thanks for your help.
SeniorGuru
Views: 1,490
Message 6 of 6

@hahadead7777 wrote:
I checked and I believe I am the second one :/ must mean that either this came with the driver and not the card or the previous owner tried getting the driver. Thanks for your help.

Yes, if it is the second part mentioned in the listing then it is only a WiFi card and not BlueTooth enabled.  I would suggest looking for the 3rd part - it should be a good one, and it should be easy to find - but make sure it is Lenovo branded... Do not get a generic one, or HP or Dell ones, they will not work.

Cheers.

CB

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale