Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zadeth
Fanfold Paper
Views: 5,299
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo G700 Plugged In Not Charging

My Lenovo G700, which is a week old, is saying that it is "plugged in, not charging". It was working fine until last night when I closed the lid to put it into sleep mode for the first time. I have checked that it is set to maximum battery life and it is still not working. It's stuck on 98%. I am severely disappointed that something like this has happened a week into having my first Lenovo. I hope someone can help me rectify this problem.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 5,205
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo G700 Plugged In Not Charging

hi Zadeth,

Welcome to the Forums.

Can you try to:

1. Turn off the machine and remove the AC adapter and battery

2. Hold the power button for 10secs then plug the AC adapter back in.

3. Turn the computer ON and when it gets to Windows, slide the battery back in place and observe the charge.

Alternatively, try to use the battery charge until it asks you to plug the AC adapter and observe if the charge goes all the way to 100%.

Let me know your findings

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

phoenix79
Blue Screen Again
Views: 4,880
Message 3 of 6

Hello,

I have the same problem with the same brand new lenovo G700. (First time i bought a Lenovo) Jutst bought it less than a week ago and it stays on 7% and does not charge. I have tried to do the 3 steps as described above but it did not help. I am using Win7 Professional 64bit.

can anyone  help or do i really have to return it to the store? Smiley Frustrated

thx in advance & cheers

max

Pico0902
What's DOS?
Views: 4,210
Message 4 of 6

My laptop think that its battery is not a correct one. This is the battery that I get with my laptop
Abdul_Ahad
WWAN
Views: 4,201
Message 5 of 6

I would suggest reinstalling the power management.

Lets make 2015 the year of the #DO
Did I or someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
meckdahl
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,164
Message 6 of 6

When G700 was new it thought the battery was fake and would not charge it, after 8-10 hours on my part it was mostly resolved, it still has some minor charging issues.

Now (2016 - 3 years later or so) the G700 is dying of no battery while plugged into the wall, generally in the first hour after plugging it in and logging on. 

So the battery is at 20-50% and I plug it in, thinking it is charging and then it just dies on me with a dead battery and no error of message why it happened.  It seem the battery does not Start charging again when I plug it in.  If I baby it and watch the charge indicator it works fine, but if I assume it is working it will often fail to start charging.

I am frustrated that Lenovo has not taken better care of making sure the battery is charging when it is plugged in.

I am using the Energy Management setting of Maximize Battery.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors