02-13-2014

poland

4 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 1 of 5

Lenovo G700 + Win XP Home installation problem

2014-02-13, 10:31 AM

Hello. I just bought Lenovo G700 (February 2014), and tried to install Win XP Home. First every time there was “Blue Screen Of Death” (error 0x0000007B) during attempts of installation, so in BIOS I changed AHCI to Compatible (IDE) and UEFI to Legacy support – it helped only that way, that there was no more BSOD. But now every time, installation lasts about 3 minutes – when it comes to the moment, that screen with 3 options appearing (click enter to install; click R to repair; click something to abort), then  after about 2 seconds computer turned off. When I press “enter” button during those 2 seconds, nothing happens. I have 2 discs with original win xp home, and this happens on every of them. I tried to install win 7 ultimate, and it worked perfectly, but I prefer win xp.  My question is, is it possible to install Win xp Home on Lenovo G700?

Solved! See the solution
Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Views: 47537
  • Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo G700 + Win XP Home installation problem

2014-02-14, 9:32 AM

Hi User09,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I’m sorry to inform you that the Windows XP OS (Operating System) is not compatible with your G700 Laptop; this is one of the reason why Windows XP is not mentioned in the driver download page. Below is its image of our Support Website:

G700.jpg

Do post us back for further queries.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2014-02-17, 10:07 AM

Hi User09,

I hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to post in Lenovo Community Forums if you have any further queries!

Cheers!:smileyhappy:

Shiva Kumar

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

39 Posts

07-03-2010

Austria

38 Signins

361 Page Views

• Views: 361
  • Message 4 of 5

2014-06-09, 21:38 PM

My suggestion:

Install Windows 7 Professional (or Ultimate) - then you could use the XP-mode.

The XP-mode is a free download from Microsoft and works perfectly on a Lenovo G700.

But the XP-mode is very slow within the first 10 minutes of a day when Microsoft Security Essentials is installed there.

After 10 minutes - and the rest of the day (until the next update of MSE) - the speed is very good. I think that MSE makes the update and then a virus search what is about 10 minutes.

Furthermore I suggest to switch off Windows Automatic Update (it is very slow) - but this is not so important since there are no new updates for Windows XP.

Internet is not as fast as with Windows 7 but it is ok.

Advantage: You can switch forth and back between Windows 7 and XP-mode immediately all the time.

Another possibility wold be to use VirtualBox. You can use it also with every Windows 7 (also with the Home version).

For Office programs the XP-mode is very nice.

My experience was better with the Windows 7-32bit versions, because it accepts also DOS-programs

Options

2834 Posts

08-01-2013

Bangalore

1326 Signins

47537 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2014-06-10, 4:40 AM

Hi Roitner,

Thank you for providing the valuable information and this method to use Xp mode virtually in Windows 7 is one of the best option.

Do post us back for further queries.

Best Regards

Shiva Kumar

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms