Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
omegaone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 702
Message 1 of 11

Lenovo G700 unable to enter bios

G700 when AC cord connected white light on top of screen. (black screen)

Unable to enter bios with quick button. (Also tried other suggested Fn combination, no fix)

Hard drive removed and tested for erros. No erros.

CMOS battery found to be 3V. New battery installed.

No fix sofar. Each time AC cord is connected it makes some noise and keep looping though. (Even without pushing power button)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 669
Message 2 of 11

Re: Lenovo G700 unable to enter bios

Hi omegaone! 

Welcome to the Lenovo Community! 

First of all, we're sorry for the trouble. Based on what you explained, the laptop is no longer posting up (No POST - Power On Self Test). This particular issue may result to a motherboard replacement. If the BIOS is no longer accessible, meaning, the motherboard is failing or malfunctioning and the next option is to have it replaced. Please try connecting an external monitor right after you power on the laptop and check if you will see a display from the external monitor. If the issue persists, we can conclude that the motherboard is defective. 

In addition, you may check this article https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht500216?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6 on how to access the BIOS of the laptop. 

Regards! 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

SeniorGuru
Views: 657
Message 3 of 11

Did you ever try the AC adapter only without main battery installed?  If it is producing the same situation without the battery,  and you have a Volt - Ohm Meter (VOM) you can also check the AC adapter to make sure it is working properly.  It sounds like the AC adapter or the charging port may be having issues.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
omegaone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 651
Message 4 of 11

Thank you. I have checked the AC adapter already for Voltage (19.0 V DC)  before connecting to laptop.

I do know the input connection wire adapter from external input to motherboard was previously replaced by previous owner.

My question is, if I remove the main battery and connect the adapter to laptop will it accept power?

Any feed back is appreciated.

omegaone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 650
Message 5 of 11

Thank you.  I will follow through on your suggestions. Are you able to comment on the effects of a dead CMOS battery to the system?

Prior to failure, the laptop required occasional removal of main battery inorder to power up.

omegaone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 627
Message 6 of 11

External monitor connected and checked. No display. If there is anything more to do to confirm motherboard malfunction please let me know
SeniorGuru
Views: 626
Message 7 of 11

Hmm... The AC charging port was replaced by the prior owner?

At this point I have to agree fully with ChrisE - the notebook needs to be on a service bench to figure out what needs to be done.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
omegaone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 618
Message 8 of 11

Thank you. Are you able to comment on if this laptop would accept power input without main battery being present?
SeniorGuru
Views: 614
Message 9 of 11

It should power up without the main battery installed, and work as normal for testing purposes, however - some models do not boot the OS, just go thru POST then tell you to insert the battery.

CB

omegaone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 610
Message 10 of 11

Thank you. In my case, it does not power without the battery or if I remove the battery while powered. it powers down. Also when connecting power, it powers up without power button being pushed. As far as I know, As far as I know, After the replacement of AC power port the system worked without any issue for long time.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors