Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mariya_Spasova
Not applicable
Views: 669
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G710 USB 3.0 issues on Windows 10

Dear Team,

I am helping a friend with Lenovo laptop G710. He had purchased it with preinstalled Windows 8.1 which was upgraded to Windows 10.

Everthying seems to work except the USB 3.0 port. Every time he connects any device (external hard disk, WiFi antenna), the device works properly for a moment and after that starts disconnecting and reconnecting constantly.

He tried to install the available drivers for his model from your website but it did not work. He also scanned his laptop with your software for driver updates and there was a message that the sytem is up-to date.

By the way, for test purposes he installed Ubuntu and the USB port was working.

Could you please assist with this issue? Do you recommend the use of any other driver for any other model?

CBHedricks
Not applicable
Views: 636
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G710 USB 3.0 issues on Windows 10

I would google USB 3 Driver for Windows 10... It seems there is a bug with the "native" windows driver, one that causes this error to occur.

The fact that it works fine with Ubuntu is also pointing to a Windows driver situation.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors