Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Esdoorn
Paper Tape
Views: 481
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G710 numpad keys "1" "5" write extra letter "a"

I have a brand new Lenovo G710 notebook, and I do have a problem

if I hit the keys on the numpad "1(end)" and "5" simultaneously, it gives an extra letter "a" so the result will look ike: 1a5a or 5a1a.

It does not happen with none of other key combination just wit buttons 1 5 on the numpad.

No matter if num lock is turned off or on.

If the num lock is turned off, the keys 1 5 just giving the letter "a" without numbers.

It is a probem becouse if I write numbers with numpad fast it gives me sometimes the extra letter "a" to passwords and so on..

Please help me to fix it.

SeniorGuru
Views: 442
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G710 numpad keys "1" "5" write extra letter "a"

You may want to take a can of computer air and gently blow out dust and debris from under the keys. Do this carefully and with low pressure as too much will lift off individual keys.

Also - make sure no liquid has been spilled onto the keyboard. If so you may need to take it to a service center for cleaning or replacement.

Good luck.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Esdoorn
Paper Tape
Views: 438
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reaction.

The laptop is new, 3 days old. Zo no liquids has been spoiled here. I have blow out the numpad woth some air, but is has no effect.

SeniorGuru
Views: 430
Message 4 of 4

If running windows - check on keyboard / mouse settings, turn off sticky keys and other "special" functions to see if it fixes the situation. Also - make sure the standard keyboard driver is installed.

If running Linux - check on Desktop Configuration and disable hotkeys and other special functions.

If this does not resolve the situation, you may try to repeat it on a store display model. If it repeats on a different machine it may be a bug in the keymap for the physical keyboard and not something easily replace.

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors