10-04-2016

IT

5 Signins

107 Page Views

• Views: 107
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo G770 OverHeating Issue / Problem [Detailed Info]

2016-10-04, 14:28 PM

From What you can see, my Notebook, has OverHeating problems.

Let me Explain Everything, by first giving some info about this Notebook.

I`ve bought this NoteBook 5/6 Years ago, (Lenovo G770) and works Fine (sort of).

It`s in good conditions from what I know, no Major Damages(From my Point of View), but it overheats too fast, only in some environments, like when I start up an Heavy SoftWare.

(But before it does reach Critical Temperatures it shutdowns "Obviously")

The Temperatures on Idle are still high but it works Great even on those temperatures, but it would be a lot (lot) better if the temperatures were much lower.

Noticeable Problems (Probably related to OverHeating) :

1. The Fan is very Noisy. 
  2. The Out Take Grill/Vent near the fan is slightly broken.
  3. Never Replaced the Thermal Paste.

Pictures + Technical Info

The Graphics Card, Temp. Didn't appear but on idle is near 60° usually , but when I start up an Heavy SoftWare it goes in less than 20 seconds to 80°  and in 30 more seconds to 99° and it shutdowns.

http://i.imgur.com/WelLO4I.png

[I do Clean my NoteBook often, and remove all the dust.]

Options

12062 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7112 Signins

743049 Page Views

• Views: 743049
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo G770 OverHeating Issue / Problem [Detailed Info]

2016-10-05, 4:16 AM

Hi dadols  ,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

If your had your laptop for 5-6 years working then I think you are doing good maintainance habit .

Having sent the laptop for annual clean up with your local tech or IT guys would be ideal aside from usual software maintainance .

Since your doing it splendidly for years now then , it maybe time to clean up old paste and apply some thermal compound anew. Thermal paste application as nowadays have a high quality performing compounds may be applied that last for years but with the fans , due to mechanical wear and tear may need replacement. Assuring good heat transfers done internally (no obstructions on vents and filters) with external coolers at the bottom can help decrease the temperature a lot . Air can cleaners would help on those hard to reach areas and battery can also add some heat specially the old ones.

Herewith are the hardware manual for reference as well as related cleanup video reference like this.

Hope this help answer your query.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

5 Posts

10-04-2016

IT

5 Signins

107 Page Views

• Views: 107
  • Message 3 of 4

2016-10-05, 11:54 AM

All Right, Thank you for the fast response, I'm gonna try to replace the thermal paste, and replace the fan.

Anyway, I`d like to know, what's the best way to apply the thermal paste? if I may ask. (and how to scrape it off the components)

And Where can I get a replacement fan (and keyboard possibly) for my Notebook. (That ships to italy)

-I'm gonna let you know how's going, as fast as possible.

Options

12062 Posts

11-30-2015

PH

7112 Signins

743049 Page Views

• Views: 743049
  • Message 4 of 4

2016-10-05, 13:49 PM

Hi dadols , 

Greetings. 

You may reference this discussion for thermal paste application and tried compound. 

When cleaning residue paste (that maybe hardened) , do not force on few swipes but instead apply soft multiple swipes with a lint free material dabbed with small amount of 90% isoprophyl alcohol (avoid extra alcohol to leak onboard ) to avoid damage.

Then thermal paste would also have instruction manual on application that you can use aside from the hardware manual as there are several techniques.

Try cleanup and reapplication of paste first before fan replacement.

If same fan noise , you may use the parts lookup page for the part number to order and match it on the ones listed on the FRU part of the manual (item 11-12  page 71 ,  keyboard page 77-78)

You may call in tech support parts sales department for availability and pricing else check on trusted resellers in your region. (1-997-51926 (Costo della chiamata: 11,88 centesimi di € al minuto + IVA) 9:00 - 18:00 Monday - Friday).

Regards 

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete