Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kingofweb89
Punch Card
Views: 4,194
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo G780 Wireless Card Whitelist

I upgraded my Lenovo G780 wireless to a Atheros AR9285 but when I booted up the computer i see "Unauthorized Wireless Network Card plugged in. Please remove it. How can I bypass this? I'm not going to get a refund for this card. 

Is there any way to bypass the lenovo whitelist? This is really dumb that a consumer can't by a product and modify it to how ever they want to. 

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 4,154
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo G780 Wireless Card Whitelist

hi kingofweb89,

Your issue might be similar to this thread.

So far, the only way to bypass the "Unauthorized Wireless Network Card plugged in" is thru BIOS modification (discussion here, here, and here) as there's no BIOS updates available yet from the lenovo website.. Flashing a modded BIOS though into your machine is risky as it may brick your PC so take every necessary precaution.

Hope this helps.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

quky
Paper Tape
Views: 4,009
Message 3 of 6

go to here

jjmcwill
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,987
Message 4 of 6

Alright, help me out here. Does that work on any G780 and how do you install it? I have windows 8. I need simple instructions.

Moderator comment: Remark(s) contravening the Community Rules removed - Profanity. Keep it clean.

quky
Paper Tape
Views: 3,975
Message 5 of 6

if you went to that place all you have to do is read.

and yes it is for the g780 that came with windows 8 

download the utility and boot from dos and executed flash2.bat

always remember the risk involved of doing this 

good luck

popphl
Paper Tape
Views: 3,944
Message 6 of 6

If you're having these problems with your new-ish G780, I strongly suggest making a warranty claim (going through Lenovo's tech support on the phone to isolate the problem to the wireless card) -- they replaced my Broadcom card with an Atheros and it fixed the problem.  http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-3000-and-Essential/What-WIFI-cards-will-work-with-G780/m-p/107186...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors