Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
talarasola
Paper Tape
Views: 8,257
Message 1 of 24

Lenovo G780 not working after BIOS update

First of all I want to say that I am extremely disappointed with the experience I had with my Lenovo. After I bought it I found out that Lenovo, for some reason, disabled the Turbo Boost option of the CPU. I tried to fix it by entering the BIOS but the options there were limited, so I decided to update the BIOS. I downloaded the BIOS update for 64-bit windows(i am running windows 8 which is compatible with the said update utillity). I ran the .exe and followed all the instructions (did not shut-down restart or anything my computer). After installing it automatically restarted and a Lenovo logo prompted on the screen followed by ">>Start PXE over IPv6, Press [ESC] to EXIT..." after that "EFI Network 0 for IPv6(numbers and letters) boot failed". Then ">>Start PXE over IPv4" which failed and a blue box poped saying 

"Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed. Insert Recovery Media and Hit any ket then select boot manager to choose a new boot device or to boot recovery media". Pressed ok and got me to Boot Manager screen. Boot option Menu had only EFI Network 0 for IPv6 and EFI Network 0 for IPv4". What should I do?

Note that I tried to start up both with and without the ethernet cable in.

Angelo075
Punch Card
Views: 8,212
Message 2 of 24

Re: Lenovo G780 not working after BIOS update

You are the third victim here of this bios update...
talarasola
Paper Tape
Views: 8,206
Message 3 of 24

What should I do now?

Angelo075
Punch Card
Views: 8,194
Message 4 of 24

I have a different problem with my G580, but i think the only way to help us is that Lenovo must give to us the old bios so we can try to reflash it...i know that they have a bios repository on their servers...

lalitkoli
Paper Tape
Views: 8,117
Message 5 of 24

Even I tried to update BIOS from windows 7 and it failed. I don't understand why do they keep softwares which are not reliable on there websites? To make money via service, by selling motherboard?

They can just have one option to update BIOS i.e. bootable CD. Now I am in complete soup. This will cost me 100-200 euros for nothing.

I dont have warranty for my laptop, but for the software from Lenovo, they should be responsible and get this fix done for free, even if warranty is expored.

lalitkoli
Paper Tape
Views: 8,116
Message 6 of 24

expired*
herbkris
What's DOS?
Views: 8,041
Message 7 of 24

Hi. 

I also (stupidly) updated to this new BIOS version and ran into the problems you described. I did what Lenovo recommended but nothing worked. But this how I solved my problem:

1. Enter the BIOS by pressing F2 just after booting up the computer.
  2. When inside BIOS go to Boot and chang the following settings: Boot Mode [Legacy Support] AND Boot Priority [Legacy first].
  3. Save and Exit and your computer should start.
  4. Whence inside check if windows is activitated and check if the new BIOS is registered.

PS: I have scandivian G780 with an i3. Pls responds if this helps Smiley Happy  

lalitkoli
Paper Tape
Views: 8,034
Message 8 of 24

Thanks for reply.

But on my machine BIOS doesnot exists as it got erased. Now even display is not initialized.

Whe I push power button, I can only hear noise from fan, running at its makimum and the power LED glowing red.

I have Thinkpad Edge 14 (Model 0578 HNQ)

NaiWan
What's DOS?
Views: 7,646
Message 9 of 24

Sorry , Duplicate answers

jemgaleon
Paper Tape
Views: 7,542
Message 10 of 24

I guest I'm also a victim of this BIOS update. Hope Lenovo fix this or give us the older version of BIOS.
I have a Lenovo G480.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors