cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jettamcq
Blue Screen Again
Views: 229
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo G850 Boot screen comes up every time and laptop won't boot up?

For the last week every time I attempt to boot up laptop the boot screen comes up & I can't get off it. I have managed to get it to boot by trying random things but today it's not having any of it.....it will not boot. Tried resetting default and removing battery.

It doesn't recognise hard drive & recently it annoying updated to windows 10 which I didn't want.

Any suggestions on how I can fix this problem?

Many Thanks

SeniorGuru
Views: 201
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo G850 Boot screen comes up every time and laptop won't boot up?

Try booting using the "Novo" button, go into BIOS and run diagnostics on hard drive. If it fails the SMART test, you have a hard drive issue and it should be replaced ASAP.

If it passes SMART, you can perform a factory restore provided the recovery partition is intact on the hard disk. To do this - press the Novo button and choose the recovery option.

** Recovery option will erase the user partition on the hard drive, your data and files will be lost! **

If you want to try and save documents, files and such, and the hard disk is readable, you can use a Live DVD (Linux OS) and a flash drive to move your files to safety.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors