cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TheClient
Fanfold Paper
Views: 303
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Ideapad G710 High GPU temp (Second time)

Hi,

I've always used my laptop to play low spec games, recently I noticed that my laptop at the fan vent was hot, so I checked my temps, the CPU seemed fine (40°C - 70°C), but when I checked my GPU, 70°C - 100°C at 90% to 100% usage. So after that I contacted the Nvidia forums and they told me that my GPU is a really weak one and my laptop was mean't for media and flash games (that kinda stuff). So I decided to buy a cooling pad and tried to play a low spec game, still up to 80°C. I forgot to mention that I repasted my GPU and CPU with a thin layer of Artic Silver 5 thermal paste, which is considered an upgrade for my laptop. Here are my specs:

Laptop: Lenovo IdeaPad G710

CPU:      Intel i7 4702MQ 2.20Ghz

GPU:      Nvidia GT710M/GT820m 1GB (Onboard)

RAM:      8GB (Originally 4GB, but I upgraded to 8GB)

SSD:       Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (Originally had HDD 500GB with 5400RPM)

I stopped playing most games, because of my high GPU temps, but when I play low spec games where my system requirements are in range of the game, It shouldn't get so hot. Lastly, I checked if my CPU fan was running, It was.

I'm currently out of ideas so is anyone on this forum able to help me solve my problem? Do I need a replacement laptop or is mine just fine for use? I'd like to hear your ideas.

Thanks!

Best regards,

TheClient

P.S. Posted this already: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-Ideapad-G710-High-GPU-temp/td-p/... , but It's not visible on the forums topic section.

ChrnoPL
Paper Tape
Views: 234
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad G710 High GPU temp (Second time)

Manufacturer GPU pastas and CPU are best any bad change in the new ones and you are half dead. Check Cooling system  and GPU on some Hardware Services if all is right or wait for slow death of GPU xD

TheClient
Fanfold Paper
Views: 229
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Ideapad G710 High GPU temp (Second time)

I might have to contact the hardware services then. I gave it one more shot by checking the fan speed rpm, I can't find it anywhere, not even in the BIOS. The only program that showed something is AIDA 64 Extreme, but it displays that my fan is at 100% and what suprises me the most, is that I don't feel any air flowing out of my fan vent. I'm starting to think that my fan is still running, but really is underperforming as a result why I'm getting these high temps. My motherboard also hasn't any way to control my fan speed. In short, there's a big possibility that my fan is dying on me, so I need it checked and need a fan replacement if it's broken. My laptop is not on the warranty anymore, so getting older hardware repaired might cost me alot if other parts might be damaged as well and I might be better of buying a replacement laptop.

Thanks for your reply :-)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors