Fanlenovo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 253
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo b590 20208 black screen (no display) after bios update

Hello i have laptop lenovo b590 20208 serial number:**********

i tried to update my bios from h1et75ww to h5et63ww with freedos bootable usb 

It started flashing and it says flash complete /update has failed 

My laptop is not working it shows a black. screen after this update but the green power on and cpu fan working well

I downloaded Bios from the officiel website 

I saw some solutions on internet by triying to reflash the bios by holding fn+R and hit power button 

I want more information about this procedure and i want a software similar as wincris to create bios dump supported by lenovo ,

Hope you will help me thanks

Moderator note: serial number removed to prevent abuse.  Corresponding MT-M is 6274000

Highlighted
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 204
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo b590 20208 black screen after bios update

Hi Fanlenovo!

Welcome to the Community Forums.

We've checked from our support website using the serial number of your computer and the BIOS update for it is different from the one that you have. Could you tell us where you got the BIOS update? 

Regards,

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Fanlenovo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 196
Message 3 of 5

Hi

Thanks

I get the bios pack h9et75ww from lenovo official website here's the link: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds032260

This bios pack contains 3 versions (h1et80ww/h5et63ww/h9et92ww) i flashed my bios from h1et75ww to h5et63ww ,it was successfully flashed then an error apeared and my pc wont display anything only the power button shows green light

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 158
Message 4 of 5

If it's been on the black screen for awhile now, press and hold the power button to manually turn it off. After that, perform a power drain,

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/troubleshoot/lpt000352

The BIOS version that is in our support website is the H9ET92WW Version. The current version that is installed on your laptop which is h1et75ww, is the compatible one. Looking at the version of the BIOS that you're trying to install, it seems that you're trying to rollback the BIOS version, is that correct?

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Fanlenovo
Blue Screen Again
Views: 136
Message 5 of 5

I tried the power drain by removing cmos battery and holding power button 30sec nothing happened 

I get the bios pack h9et75ww from lenovo official website here's the link: https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/downloads/ds032260

This bios pack contains 3 versions (h1et80ww/h5et63ww/h9et92ww) i flashed my bios from h1et75ww to h5et63ww ,it was successfully flashed then an error apeared and my pc wont display anything only the power button shows green light

I saw on internet that lenovo b590 has bios recovery mode by holding fn+r and click power button (with 4gb usb connected /formated fat32/wincrisis installed/h1et80ww.cap renamed to bios.cap )when i hit power button the computer hold about 10sec and restart itself than nothing happed i waited 10min 

HOPE YOU WILL HELP ME SOLVING MY BIG PROBLEM CUZ I HAVE NO WARRANTY

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors