Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 7 (359 Views)

Lenovo b590 doesn't recognize new CPU

Hello!

I bought new CPU for my B590 (20206).

Old: Intel Celeron 1005M

New: Intel Pentium 2030M

After upgrade I reboot my pc and for some reason it still shows old processor in BIOS and System Proteries. I even have updated BIOS to last version. What am I doing wrong?

Guru
Message 2 of 7 (308 Views)

Re: Lenovo b590 doesn't recognize new CPU

The CPU may not be supported by your computer model. Did you refer to the user manual or maintenance manual parts list before purchase?

If so, you might try defaulting the BIOS to factory settings, if that works you are good, if not then contact Lenovo support for more options.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Paper Tape
Message 3 of 7 (307 Views)

I checked some sites like cpu upgrade and chose cpu which can works wih my current chipset. I tried to reset my settings to default but still no effect.
Guru
Message 4 of 7 (303 Views)

Bad news.... The CPU you purchased is not on the accepted parts listing for your computer.

https://download.lenovo.com/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/b590_hmm_en.pdf

This is the link to your manual, and on page 85 you will find the listing of CPU's that are supported (white listed) for this notebook.

Seeing as there are better (more powerful) CPU's including i3 and i5 models, I would suggest returning the one purchased and obtaining one from the listed group.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Paper Tape
Message 5 of 7 (297 Views)

i have Southbridge HM70. cpu-upgrade says that using of i3 and i5 because some incompatibility computer restarts every 30 mins (i saw one thread on this forum too).
http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/mb-Intel_(chipsets)/HM70_Express.html
If manual you sent i can't even find my previous cpu... interesting
Guru
Message 6 of 7 (290 Views)

For the exact listing of CPU's you need to make sure your system board supports them, and the only two ways to do this is by looking at the maintenance manual parts listing, or contacting Lenovo Support by phone.  The information you have provided on model was used to find the manual, the parts list and provide information.

The basic issue is that most noteoboks that are not custom built will have "whitelisted" parts, one that are useable with the system as built.  Any deviation from those listed parts will not work, or worse will brick the comptuer.

CB

Paper Tape
Message 7 of 7 (282 Views)

thanks for the info. now i will know,
Top kudoed Authors