Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Bayujeff
Paper Tape
Views: 590
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo g460 stuck on blackscreen after booting

Help me. I dont know why my laptop getting stuck in blackscreen after booting and logo lenovo. Nothing appear. No cursor or error message. I dont know how to fix it. I'm in windows 10. And cant open the safemode. Help me master.. thx

SeniorGuru
Views: 564
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo g460 stuck on blackscreen after booting

Usually this is the result of corrupted Windows boot loader files on the hard disk drive. If you have a retail copy of Windows 10 or can borrow a DVD from a friend you can boot from it and choose repair, then advanced options to start the windows boot up repair process.

If it fails to resolve the issue you may be facing a larger issue with a failing hard disk drive (depending on age) or needing to recover windows (destroys user files and data, overwrites the user space on the hard disk drive).

If you need to recover personal files and other items from the hard disk drive, it can be removed from the notebook and attached to a USB port using a "dock" or "adapter" to read the files from a working computer.

Once files have been safely recovered from the disk, reinstall into notebook, run recovery software and bring the notebook back to factory standards (including windows) as it was shipped.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Bayujeff
Paper Tape
Views: 560
Message 3 of 12

Thankyou.. i hope it work
SeniorGuru
Views: 542
Message 4 of 12

Let us know how it turns out.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Bayujeff
Paper Tape
Views: 534
Message 5 of 12

I tried to boot with flashdisk and iso file windows 10. But after windows logo then the screen stuck in bluescreen with cursor.  I dont know why it happen.. is file windows10 iso must download in origin server ?. Thx

SeniorGuru
Views: 526
Message 6 of 12

It would appear that the hard disk drive may be defective, or suffering from immenent failure.  This means it will need to be replaced before you can go further.  This is not that hard to do on most notebook computers, usually an access port on the underside of the computer allows one to safely remove and replace the hard disk drive.

If you are not comfortable using hand tools and working with small screws, you have the option to either obtain assistance from a friend that is knowledgeable or have the notebook service by Lenovo.  Either way - I would suggest contacting Lenovo Support by phone to determine if under warranty, and also obtain further assistance with a replacement drive.

Last - it is always a good idea to download and read the Maintenance Manual for your notebook, it can be found on the support side of this website.

Good luck.

CB

Bayujeff
Paper Tape
Views: 518
Message 7 of 12

Okay. Thankyou for helping me. Smiley Happy

SeniorGuru
Views: 507
Message 8 of 12

Keep us posted on the process, and if you need more help.

BTW - if you find someone's efforts helpful, you can always send them a Kudos - the small + with a start at the bottom of the helpful posting.

CB

Bayujeff
Paper Tape
Views: 497
Message 9 of 12

Im stuck here. I dont know why??, my windows operat is support 64bit and 32bit. And i try boot with windows10 iso 64bit and got that bluescreen..  if i try boot with windows10 iso 32 bit got same or not? Thx

SeniorGuru
Views: 493
Message 10 of 12

Did you install a new hard disk drive? Again - it sounds like a hard drive failure issue more than a windows install issue.

I would strongly advise to replace the hard drive before you try more attempts to load windows. If this is a new drive, then the only other option is a system board issue.

CB

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors