06-01-2017 10:38 AM - edited 06-01-2017 10:40 AM
I have problem as in the this youtube link:
Laptop have black screen after turning on, and just light from power. It doesnt boot hard disk (there is not sound from starting hard disk). Has someone have this problem?
How to flash BIOS from USB stick on Lenovo laptops?
06-02-2017 02:45 AM
Hi , Infinity -
Thank you for writing in to the Lenovo Forum - happy to have you here today.
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then try booting it up again.
- If this will not work, do test the AC adapter if it's working properly. Remove the battery and power the laptop with just the AC adapter connected and see if it will boot up or not. do also try a different AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if it will work or not.
- Proceed with reseating the RAM's if trying a different AC adapter will not work, remove them all for couple of seconds then put them back in making sure everything is seated properly.
- If it will still not work, connect an external monitor and see if you'll get any display from it. If there's a display on the external monitor that could mean that the problem is the built in display.
- But if there's still no display on the external monitor that means the problem lies in the motherboard.
Update us how it goes.
Tap that kudos button if I helped
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!