Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BlueDK
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,752
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo g50 not booting up.

My dad purched me a Lenovo G50 for my graduation gift. Im pretty sure my warenty has expired and i need help. 

So i was on today for a few hours, i shut it down like i normally would with the shut down button. I try to get back on a few hours later to try and check my emails. It dosnt work and cant start up my Windows 10. Now ive tried doing start up settings restart to get it to do save mode. It dosnt let me it juat goes back into "automatic repair" i dont know what else to do and wanting to throw it out. I need serious help. Like soon

SeniorGuru
Views: 2,761
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo g50 not booting up.

@BlueDK wrote:

My dad purched me a Lenovo G50 for my graduation gift. Im pretty sure my warenty has expired and i need help. 

So i was on today for a few hours, i shut it down like i normally would with the shut down button. I try to get back on a few hours later to try and check my emails. It dosnt work and cant start up my Windows 10. Now ive tried doing start up settings restart to get it to do save mode. It dosnt let me it juat goes back into "automatic repair" i dont know what else to do and wanting to throw it out. I need serious help. Like soon

Use the "novo" button on the side of the notebook to power up.  Once there, choose recovery options that will allow you to save your personal files.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
mapshoe33
What's DOS?
Views: 2,412
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo g50 not booting up.

i have had my lenovo g50 for 22 months, out of warranty.  black screen no boot, software issue, tried to restore with button , to factory.  Says cannot do it, file corrupted.  my husband bought me this because of my limited mobility.   i have not put mail or anything major on this on purpose due to it being first laptop, and heard horror stories from older son on his laptops he has gone thru.

Called lenovo, they want 70.00 for a recovery disc, because it is no longer under warranty.   I am not computer savy, a bit older and have spent hours on trying to sort out my poor little laptop.  I tried to load my operating system from desktop to the laptop, ( wow:  stop: )  security lockout, cannot do it.  , cannot load anything but what they sell,  for another 70.00  ,Best buy told me to call them and they give it to you free.  NOT SO!  so this computer is going in the trash!  A true piece of junk.  I hated the whole setup, and they way they put all this junk on the computer to begin with. this is the final straw.

I keep good home files, and everything on every computer we ever bought has it own file with all discs assciated with them .  Dell gave me free Windows discs when i asked for them last year and my computer has been out of warranty for 2 years.  we have had 5 dell computers since 2003 , for my 3 sons, and husband and they hold up and take the beating.  I did not need them but wanted to have for files in case.  I have had very little trouble with Dell, like most, however, they care, and Lenovo is now my worst nightmare and will make sure i never recommend them to anyone ever.  I will not be forced to pay to get what i already paid for up front.  and selling computers to customers without proper recovery discs, is shameful.  since would cost them in volume pennies to provide them to their customers.  I did not understand i had to make my own,  .  Truly shameful!   these companies make the customer spend hours in research,  and money, on an unnecessary process to recover these computers, laptops. So lenovo takes advantage of older people, people who do not have unlimited resources to keep fixing or buying more of their product and those who are not tech savy.  I have a life and i have wasted 2 days on this horrible computer.  lenovo is junk, there is no reason, to have to have this much trouble with a simple little laptop.  i guess you get what you pay for.  I am headed to Dell to buy a new one.  at least i know i will get support.  

Top Kudoed Authors