Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

8 Posts

03-10-2016

lithuania

12 Signins

121 Page Views

• Views: 121
  • Message 1 of 7

Lenovo g500 crashing

2016-03-21, 11:41 AM

My lenovo started crashing, it turns on, but when he does he works normally for likę 1 minute, and then freezes for like 5 minutes, nothink works, hdd 0, network 0, processor 0 , as i noticed when i can hear hdd working compiuter unfreezes, fotos: http://tinypic.com/r/2khjk7/9 http://tinypic.com/r/309iibl/9

update: restored windows to original 8.1 problem remains

Options

12665 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7276 Signins

749810 Page Views

• Views: 749810
  • Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo g500 crashing

2016-03-22, 4:02 AM

Hi gytis1 ,

Greetings . 

Try to run a diagnotics for possible hardware issue . 

Likewise checking on internal temperature using similar tools like this.

Update us how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the thumbs-up icon below to thank them.!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Using Browser Search to find your answers in Lenovo and Moto Community

Options

8 Posts

03-10-2016

lithuania

12 Signins

121 Page Views

• Message 3 of 7

2016-03-22, 17:14 PM

runned diagnostics, from bootable usb, tested all the items that could be tested 20 times each, searched hdd for failed sectors, took fortune of time, passed all.

and here is monitoring of resources in interval 5 times load of the compiuter wos usual, and had a 2 hour stay on time without touching

http://i66.tinypic.com/8vvqqv.jpg

Options

12665 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7276 Signins

749810 Page Views

• Message 4 of 7

2016-03-22, 18:02 PM

Hi gytis1 ,

So it did not show any bad sector .

Were you able to use it longer when you are booted on a USB ? 2 hours I think any time that it freeze while on USB boot?

Do you have a spare bootable harddrive to swap for testing.

Regards 

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

8 Posts

03-10-2016

lithuania

12 Signins

121 Page Views

• Message 5 of 7

2016-03-22, 20:42 PM

sorry i dont have other hard disk, all i do is a flash drive of 16 gb, and a external hard drive, im just a normal compiuter user not a repair man or somethink

while on boot diagnotics, did not crash or havent noticed becouse all the tests wos running so slow, got my compiuter recovered to orginal state and win 8.1 problem remains, noticed when it just freezes, powers on img http://i66.tinypic.com/8vvqqv.jpg drop to their minimal vaules for example: package voltage 7.87 when the compuiter freezes it drops to their lovest current, wich is 3.99, last time it crashed, it came down to 2.72 shown in foto: http://i67.tinypic.com/2v9dv6c.jpg

and after a hard crash wich litteraly wos first that hard today is like 5 mins or so(experienced quite alot crashes but they were like 10-30 secs long) skype disconnected and says: unnable to connect becouse of disk Reading/writing failure. restart skype. (small crashes didn't effect skype only that big one) litteraly until i wos on win 10 i wos getting those hard crashes like 5 minutes compiuter works fine, 10 minutes crashed, and again, again same again. everythink started from the blue screen windows crash, then i could not boot, it would only show lenovo splash screen, then i left compiuter to discharge the battery and left it off all night, the other day it booted up, but in the eavning the crashes started, but at the start it were like 2 hours of normal work, and then fatal crash ( when it crashes after 2 hours it would not recover all you can do is like hard turn off compiuter by holding the on/off key or removing power supply and battery) if i turn it off by holding on/off button, it would not boot, so first time when i turned it off by the key, it didn't start and show lenovo splash screen, so i left it overnight again ( as abrove) so i turned it on on the morning, it crashed straith away just in the windows, taked battery off and disconected power supply tried again, same happened, gone to other compiuter, downloaded bootable diagnostics, wrote it to flash drive, runed the scans, everything passed tried again, same! turned off compiuter by discconecting, pressed novo button and reseted pc to orginal factory state, after all settings on, tried to download firefox and crashed again, again run the diagnostics, keeped off over night, as i turned it on today it wos quite good, but it crashes for 10-30 seconds in the morning and hard crash of 5 minutes occured recently. all my story what have i did till now

if u don't understand any word on sentence please say, couse i'm not perfect in english

Options

8 Posts

03-10-2016

lithuania

12 Signins

121 Page Views

• Message 6 of 7

2016-03-22, 21:20 PM

just made another think that i thinked off, usually compiuter crashes when i give two tasks one after another (short time between tasks. for example start task manager and swich fire fox tabs) so i tried speccialy crash compiuter whilist running scan. lol, i could not crash it, opened like 3 youtube tabs, all running, giving alot of tasks, more then ussualy... probably the solution is to run hardware scans at all time i am runing compiuter, lol, just kidding.. but that wos not expected, any ideas?

Options

12665 Posts

11-30-2015

Philippines

7276 Signins

749810 Page Views

• Message 7 of 7

2016-03-22, 22:05 PM

Hi gytis1 , 

Since you already done One key factory reset, we can assume that corrupted softwares is not the issue. 

It may be that what happened are just initial symptoms that may need to be observed further.

You may also try running additional hardware tools like this and this while you have multiple activities opened.

This would serve as comparative check on the hardware integrity since the issue maybe intermittent. 

Regards

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms