Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajo1
What's DOS?
Views: 159
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo g500 startup/charger problem

Hello
I have lenovo g500 which i bought in 2014. In the past month there has been a problem where i can't turn it on. So i looked at the forums and solved it by disconnecting my charger and battery and holding the power button for 30-60 secs and then connecting battery only (didn't work with the charger only), then waiting 15-30 mins to press the power button.

Both charger and battery were working normal when the laptop is running.
Laptop was running as if it doesn't have a problem except the fan running a bit faster when playing games. 

I tried that solution a couple of hours ago, and it isn't working. 
The battery light is on only when both the charger and battery are connected to the laptop, no signs of life otherwise.
What's the problem with it, and are there any permanent solutions?
Thank you

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 122
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo g500 startup/charger problem

Hi Rajo1!

Welcome to the Community Forums. 

Just to verify, is the computer still running fine when the Battery is connected and the AC is plugged in? If yes, there is a possibility that the battery failed.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Rajo1
What's DOS?
Views: 116
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo g500 startup/charger problem

Thank you

Yes, its working good
battery life is 3hr at 99 percent so i guess thats is good considering how much old it is and how much did i use it. I checked at a friend of mine's service and they think the chip on motherboard might be faulty. I need an opinion for this too Smiley Very Happy 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors