Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuckg500
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,349
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo g500 stuck with recovery!!!

Hi all, 

Had to swap out HDD few months back and did a fresh install of win 8.1 from a disk straight onto C drive . Leaving Lenovo recovery partition completely intact.

Now have put HDD back into g500 but although after some probs will only boot to the windows stored on C drive and will not let me access any part of recovery partition ?

Either via hard boot . Recovery options or even OKR via file explorer ? 

Any guesses as to where I'm messing up and what is the easiest way to restore directly from factory setting partition please? 

Any advice much appreciated . Cheers . 

Stuckg500
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,293
Message 2 of 6

error 0xc0000225 when g500 launching OKR - followed by win/32 error mssg

Hi all -

looking for help on fixing this - i dont have recovery media - i thought there was a back up system image stored on the HDD itself in a sep partition - however having marked both volumes active - OKR partition and the (supposed) saved system details - i launch OKR via one key and bios menu - however BSOD almost straight away or after a minute ish - WINDOWS ERROR 0XC0000225 followed by a win 32/efi error messge when you try and bounce past it - operating system is 8.1 pro i believe - mdl##: lenovo notepad g500 -

I apparent do not have a bootable system backup media on a usb - i thought there was a bootable on a sep vol of the HDD in a sep partition ( and there is however - i.e when you check by clean installing a dif copy off windows via dvd iso onto C/;; but again cannot boot thru to e.g D// (recovery media backup approx(255MB) or thru to the actual G// factory OKR facility which normally and 2 3 times previously has worked everytime ?? using the cmmnd prmpt on a win 8.1 pro ISO disk (but its not original media license) - (that is not the factory that is stored supposedly in some form on both sep vol of the HDD one in win 8.1 format(255MB) or (14.75GB Factory OKR partition -

so far i have tried;

I have tryed activating and de-activating partitions in cmmnd prmpt , reclassifying part type id as ''recovery'' , and hard bios reset booting into OKR - always with a error code 0xc0000225 blue screen normally or with blank boot screen - no operating system can be found message - press ctrl + alt+del to restart if i miss with legacy or eufi boot settings in bios

what the heck do i do to fix this ?????

Moderator note: post rescued from spam filters and merged with existing thread.

fanren
Paper Tape
Views: 1,279
Message 3 of 6

Re: error 0xc0000225 when g500 launching OKR - followed by win/32 error mssg

Is the source disk from which you installed win8.1 reliable? Are you sure there is recovery partition on the HDD after system installation? I'm not quiet sure this tutorial can help you or not, but worth trying https://www.backup-utility.com/okr/lenovo-g50-recovery-key-1234.html

On the other hand, for the BSOD problem you encountered, it can be caused both by hardware and software issues. View this tutorial to see whether it can help you solve the problem http://windowsreport.com/critical-process-died-windows-10/

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,230
Message 4 of 6

Re: Lenovo g500 stuck with recovery!!!

Fist off, if you swapped the hard drive without cloning it (bit for bit of the entire drive) then it is quite likely the hidden partitions that contain the recovery data did not make it across to the new hard drive.

Second - you can order a set of recovery disks from Lenovo support by phone. That would be the quickest way to get the recovery data back on the new hard drive.

Third - putting the drive back to factory load will destroy all data on the drive, so back up your files to cloud or external media before you do anything else.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Stuckg500
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,215
Message 5 of 6

no i just swapped the HDD into an acer - then loaded a new install of windows into a separate x// partion - leaving the OKR and (Lenovo windows) partitions untouched

I dont have any files on either partition - i just want to access and/or fix the OKR files which are presumbly corrupted from my swap - but its defo fixable as otherwise i would have no access - not the bcod error - 99.9% of the recovery partitionin working and intact - i just cant find whatsmissing ???

I appreciate the Lenovo recovery disk will fix this but i was looking preferebly for bootable USB or BCD / cmmnd prmpt fix ??? its a few years old now not reallly worth 100$ disk Smiley Happy

SeniorGuru
Views: 1,204
Message 6 of 6

@Stuckg500 wrote:

no i just swapped the HDD into an acer - then loaded a new install of windows into a separate x// partion - leaving the OKR and (Lenovo windows) partitions untouched

I dont have any files on either partition - i just want to access and/or fix the OKR files which are presumbly corrupted from my swap - but its defo fixable as otherwise i would have no access - not the bcod error - 99.9% of the recovery partitionin working and intact - i just cant find whatsmissing ???

I appreciate the Lenovo recovery disk will fix this but i was looking preferebly for bootable USB or BCD / cmmnd prmpt fix ??? its a few years old now not reallly worth 100$ disk Smiley Happy

So if I have this right:

• Hard drive removed from Lenovo G500 notebook then installed into a ACER notebook.
  • New install of Windows OS on the hard drive using the ACER notebook
  • Hard drive removed form ACER and replaced into Lenovo, fails to boot

If this is correct then you are having issues with the Operating System (Windows) from moving it from ACER to Lenovo, because of the hardware differences in the two computers.

The OKR partition may have been corrupted when the new version of Windows was installed, as it will make chages to the "MBR" of the hard disk even if loaded into a seperate partition.

There is no easy way to resovle this, mainly due to the various changes you have made to the hard disk drive.  The best option would be to wipe the drive completly and either load a Retail version of Windows or Linux from the computer you intend to use with the drive.  If you are planing on using it in the Lenovo, then order the recovery disks for a nominal fee, wipe the drive and load from the supplied recovery disks.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors