Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
arielfrja
What's DOS?
Views: 205
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo g51 dead! Help!!

I used my laptop only for documents, one day it's decide stop charging, so it's lost all its power, and turn off. I tried to turn it on, but noting hing happened, I tried to remove the battery, and use charger only, but nothing happen, I tried to remove battery, plag out charger, and pressing Power button 11 time, and hold  30 second, but nothing happened, I tried to hold it for 20 seconds, but nothing happened....

Can someone help me??

SeniorGuru
Views: 150
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo g51 dead! Help!!

It sounds like the AC adapter may have quit working now. If you can find a known working AC adapter to use, or even test out the AC adapter with a Digital Volt Ohm Meter (VOM) you can also see if it is producing the right power (Volts AC / DV) per it's ratings stamped into the housing of the adapter (brick).

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
arielfrja
What's DOS?
Views: 149
Message 3 of 4

Thank you, but I tried to use different AC adapter, that known as works well, and it doesn't help...
SeniorGuru
Views: 142
Message 4 of 4

If it was the same adapter (exact same model) as yours and still did not work - it may be that a system board problem has occurred. This may require that you send the notebook in for repairs. I would suggest contacting Lenovo Support by phone to verify warranty status and arrange for service.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors