cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jorgespfear
Punch Card
Views: 2,289
Message 1 of 14

Lenovo g510 Lenovo Energy Management driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) question

Hello.

I've seen that there is an update from yesterday called Lenovo Energy Management driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit)  that is supposed  to update acpi driver in windows 10. I have windows 10 since august but when i execute the file nothing happens. Any suggestion?

montanamb
What's DOS?
Views: 2,213
Message 2 of 14

Re: Lenovo g510 Lenovo Energy Management driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) question

Same here. Suspicious too that the download is only 1MB when the actual Energy Management install is about 55MBs.
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,206
Message 3 of 14

Re: Lenovo g510 Lenovo Energy Management driver for Windows 10 (32-bit, 64-bit) question

I'm not an owner of your model, but the download appears to be just the driver update which may account for the small size since the file isn't the full install of Energy Management.

As for it appearing to not be working, if it is just a driver update then it is simply doing that.  It shouldn't take much time to swap out a driver.  If you go into Windows Device Manager under System Devices does it list the ACPI driver.  If it does then see if it match the version of the download which is 1.5.0.14-20150824

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

jorgespfear
Punch Card
Views: 2,178
Message 4 of 14

I've checked all acpi names that are under system devices, and none of them match the version 1.5.0.14-20150824. The only different one is one called Lenovo ACPI-Compliant Virtual Power Controller which version is 13.52.34.549.
There isnt a device called only acpi driver.
What i find strange is that this update for other models is about 1.5MB while our is ,as montanamb said, 1MB.
Anything else i can try?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,160
Message 5 of 14

The only other thing I can think of is to check in Control Panel's Uninstall a program to see if the update appears there.

You are correct about the smaller than small size of the download.  It could be very possible the download is missing something.  I'll keep checking. 

Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

jorgespfear
Punch Card
Views: 2,145
Message 6 of 14

i checked in Control Panel's Uninstall  programs and there isn´t anything related to the update.

jorgespfear
Punch Card
Views: 2,072
Message 7 of 14

So, should i contact lenovo support?

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 2,058
Message 8 of 14

@jorgespfear wrote:

So, should i contact lenovo support?

Going back to your first posting...... when you clicked on the downloaded file did it proceed to go through the installation on screen prompts?  You mention when you tried executing the download file that nothing happened.  When I tried it in a virtual environment the downloaded program prompted me to install.  In your situation, did you try installing as Run as Administrator?

As for contacting Lenovo Support..... it might be a good idea.  Possibly we are overlooking something that they are aware of .

Lenovo Support - Mexico

Spanish,English
001-800-083-4916 0155-4738-0317 (Standard Charges Apply)

Schedule a Callback for faster support
8:00 - 22:00 Monday - Sunday

jorgespfear
Punch Card
Views: 2,043
Message 9 of 14

One of the first things i tried was ,as you have said, run as administrator but its the same. An icon appears like a milisecond on the tools bar and then dissapear without showing anything. Its quite strange. Anyway, thanks for the tip, and im gonna try on another computer to see if at least i opens.
jorgespfear
Punch Card
Views: 2,041
Message 10 of 14

I tried in another windows 10 computer and... it opens, so maybe it has something to do with my av or something, i'll try disabling the av and changing some configurations.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors