Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
darrragh3277
Paper Tape
Views: 580
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo g510 fan replacement

Hi,

I've a damaged fan on my g510 that's out of warranty. I'm looking for a replacement but I can't find the replacement fan model. Looking to buy online that will deliver to Ireland or to the UK.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 563
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo g510 fan replacement

Hi  Darragh3277,

Welcome to the Forums  

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with fan in your Lenovo G510 laptop.

As you have mentioned that you want to purchase the fan, i would suggest you to buy through service centre for genuine parts. Below is the part number for the fan.

VIWGS Thermal Module UMA W/FAN (G510) – 90203364

VIWGS Thermal Module DIS W/FAN (G510)    -- 90203365

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

darrragh3277
Paper Tape
Views: 560
Message 3 of 6

Hi Ashwin,

Cheers for the quick reply. Can you tell me what the difference between the UMA fan and the DIS fan is? Are they both compatible?

Thanks
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 552
Message 4 of 6

Hi Darragh3277,

Many times two different versions of a particular motherboard are produced. One version with an integrated graphics chip and the other with a dedicated graphics chip. Therefore, two different schematics (UMA and Discrete) are produced in order to differentiate the two designs.

The UMA version applies to the motherboard that doesn't have a separate dedicated graphics chip. The UMA fan refers to the graphic card which is integrated to motherboard.

The DIS refers to the discrete, this as a dedicated graphic card and will have separate fan for dedicated to the GPU.

Please share the serial number and MTM number through private message to check if the system has integrated or discrete graphic card.

Click here to send private message.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 527
Message 5 of 6

Hi Darragh3277,

Thank you for the information, as per the serial number provided, this machine is shipped with VIWGS Thermal Module DIS W/FAN (G510)    -- 90203365 , suggest you to purchase the same as this will be compatible with the machine.

Let us know the result.

Best regards,         

Ashwin.S

neelav
What's DOS?
Views: 139
Message 6 of 6

Is this thermal module compatible with Core i7 4700MQ or the i7 4702MQ.I know from the parts list that these CPUs are compatible with lenovo g510 but can the cooler handle these cpus. 4700MQ is 47W TDP and the 4702MQ is 35W. which one should i go for. can the cooler handle such TDP. i have core i3 4000M currently but plan to upgrade it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors