Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo B and G Series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

11 Posts

07-04-2017

India

29 Signins

163 Page Views

• Views: 163
  • Message 1 of 9

Lenovo g570: Black screen right after turning it on.

2018-03-10, 17:10 PM

Hi guys

About an hour before, I tried turning on my laptop. Win 10 booted, and then hanged right at the login screen. The cursor wasn't moving and it was like that for a few minutes. Eventually I got fed up and pulled out the battery (a big mistake). Then the screen was black after I switched it on again. Lights were glowing, fan moving but nothing on the screen. I kept it like that for a few minutes. Then, I switched it off by holding the power button, removed battery, connected ac adapter and pressed the power button and it got switched on! It started working normally but then restarted suddenly. But this time, instead of booting all the way to the desktop, it stopped at windows logo and then gave me the blue screen of death. Some system file which I don't remember was 'lost' or had 'an error'.  The error was 'SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION' I restarted, This time again it loaded to login screen and then restarted. There was 'winload.exe' now instead of the previous file on the blue screen of death. Again restarted and now it won't show anything. Tried like 50 times already. Lights glowing, fan moving but no display. I guess the windows has been corrupted or something. But how do I access bios now to launch installation cd or to usb boot? 

Thank you so much. 

EDIT: Reseated RAM, HDD. Still nothing. The led on usb drive not glowing when I plug it in but the dvd is making sounds in it. No idea what to do. Please help. 

Options

2400 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

1534 Signins

24216 Page Views

• Views: 24216
  • Message 2 of 9

Re: Lenovo g570: Black screen right after turning it on.

2018-03-12, 1:03 AM
It sounds like the windows system files have been damaged and you will need to reinstall / refresh windows to correct this.

Locate your "novo" button, it may be on the top near the power button or on the side of the notebook. Once located, turn of the power normally, then use the "novo" button to power on the system. Once you see the options appear, choose repair and select the path you need.

Be warned - recovery options are mostly destructive, they will format the user sections of the drive. If this is a problem, you may want to try removing the hard drive and using a second computer to back up the data off it if possible.

Good luck.
CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Options

11 Posts

07-04-2017

India

29 Signins

163 Page Views

• Message 3 of 9

2018-03-12, 1:39 AM

Pressed the novo button, again black screen. No options appeared. I guess my novo button doesn't work for some reason. I've tried it before (when the pc was okay) too and it didn't do anything. 

Options

2400 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

1534 Signins

24216 Page Views

• Message 4 of 9

2018-03-12, 2:36 AM
Have you ever performed a "clean install" of Windows on this notebook? If so, then it is very likely that the recovery partition and the software attached to the Novo button press option was deleted.

If not, then there may be a bigger issue here than what we can work with. I would suggest contacting Lenovo Support via phone to discuss warranty repair options.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Options

11 Posts

07-04-2017

India

29 Signins

163 Page Views

• Message 5 of 9

2018-03-12, 2:41 AM

Yes I assume that is the case. A little history: This laptop came with win 7. I had dual booted Win 10 later but used it rarely. One day win 7 decided to get messed up and win 10 saved me that time. The win 7 is still there but it doesn't work and nor can i access it right now. So maybe thr novo settings don't work with win 10. You can check the previous and the only other question I've posted on this forum. That was when my win 7 didn't work. 

Options

2400 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

1534 Signins

24216 Page Views

• Message 6 of 9

2018-03-12, 6:55 AM
Ok... Now it is a bit clearer, and it may be that the windows boot loader has become confused, or the BCD file is messed up.

EasyBCD usually is the tool I use to clean up windows installations, fix boot loader issues and restore BCD operations.

If you can, download EasyBCD and create a bootable CD/DVD from it (USB also works) then use that tool to repair the boot sector entries for Windows versions on the hard drive.

This may be the only working option left that I can suggest short of wiping the drives and starting over from scratch with a fresh install or from your recovery disk set.

Good luck.

CB

Options

11 Posts

07-04-2017

India

29 Signins

163 Page Views

• Message 7 of 9

2018-03-12, 7:18 AM

Okay but the point is that I cannot access the bios at all! Its just a black screen and it is not even detecting USBs. I also tried to connect my phone but the phone only detects the power (i.e. It starts getting recharged) and cannot determine that it's connected to a pc. Will I able to boot with the EasyBCD? I don't think so. 

Options

2400 Posts

11-07-2014

United States of America

1534 Signins

24216 Page Views

• Message 8 of 9

2018-03-13, 15:49 PM
It looks like your best option is to send it in for service. If you can not get it to power up a USB or or enter BIOS then it is quite possible to be an issue with the system board.

The only option is to contact Lenovo support by phone, determine your warranty and if covered send it in to be repaired.

Good luck.

CB

Options

11 Posts

07-04-2017

India

29 Signins

163 Page Views

• Message 9 of 9

2018-03-14, 0:32 AM

It's a 5-year old laptop so warranty is obviously not covered anymore. I'll have to send it for repairs still. Thank you for your help. :) 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms