cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kinfc3607
Fanfold Paper
Views: 859
Message 1 of 5

(Lenovo g580 2689) I upgraded CPU from celeron b820 to i7-3632qm and encountered systematic problem

Last week, I upgraded CPU from celeron b820 to i7-3632qm in lenovo g580 (2689) laptop.

BIOS can sucessfully reconize i7-3632qm.

However, when I boot my computer in windows 7, I encountered systematic frozen which can not control both mouse and keyboard.

So, I just turn off my computer using On/Off botton.

I thought that I should reinstall windows 7, because of upgrading CPU.

After reinstalling windows 7, my computer sucessfully could boot and smoothly operating all of windows system.

So, I thought that I sucessifully solved this problem.

Unfortunately, however, I encountered systematic frozen again after using my computer around 1-2 hours.

When I just use my computer under windows 7 system, my computer ramdomly stop and I can not control any keyboard and mouse also.

I don't know, why my computer suddenly frozen.

To solve this problem, I formated SSD drive and I installed windows 10, because this OS can detect many impotant driver in my upgraded computer. I setup many drive using windows 10.

However, I encountered the same problem in windows 10 also.

Finally, I tried to set many default.

I just followed these methods to solve ramdomly frozen problem.

Description is followed;

https://www.drivereasy.com/knowledge/solved-windows-10-freezes-locks-up-randomly-easily/

Among many methods, I tried method number 2 to 6.

However, I couldn't solve this problem.

So, I want to know, how to fix frozen after upgrading CPU.

I think that I upgraded my computer from celeron to i7 3632qm.

Especally, i7 3632qm is third generation. I suddenly upgraded very proceed CPU.

That's why, perhaps, my computer can not work very well.

I don't know. it is just my thinking.

So, I asked one repair shop and send my computer.

According to them, your motherboared has some problem, So you should change new motherboard.

However, I cannot trust their opinion because I lately realized that that repair shop is known as swindler in Japan.

If you have the same problem in g580 after upgrading CPU from celeron b820 to i7 3632qm, please teach me for solution.

Many seller released lenovo g580 i7 3632qm product in the online market, eventhough manual is described that this modal can upgrade upto i7 3612qm.

P.S

Sorry for everybody because my english is totally broken.

SeniorGuru
Views: 831
Message 2 of 5

Re: (Lenovo g580 2689) I upgraded CPU from celeron b820 to i7-3632qm and encountered systematic prob

This may be an issue with overheating on the CPU especially if it only happens after being on for a while (warmed up) and reaches a high temperature on either the CPU or supporting chips.

The i7 will require more voltage, generate more heat and stress the system more than a celeron processor would. The heatsink that came with the celeron may not be able to properly cool the i7 and fail over time causing the system to thermal lock.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
kinfc3607
Fanfold Paper
Views: 826
Message 3 of 5

Re: (Lenovo g580 2689) I upgraded CPU from celeron b820 to i7-3632qm and encountered systematic prob

Thanks for your kind reply. I checked CPU temperature by using CPU-Z software etc.. Just before frozen computer, CPU temperature was around 50-60 C. TDP of celeron b820 is described as 35w. Likewise, i7 3632qm is also 35w. However, I did not replece celeron b820 again to know whether this is caused by burdened motherboard or not as your comment. Thanks.

SeniorGuru
Views: 786
Message 4 of 5

Even with the TDP set a similar, the i7 is a much faster chip that generates more heat during processing on large projects. Normal run temps are usually in the 35c to 40c with peak temps around 50c under load.

The issue with the heat sink would be its ability to properly remove the heat from the system as it should. If it is not capable of removing it, the heat will build until the system locks up.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
kinfc3607
Fanfold Paper
Views: 767
Message 5 of 5

Thanks for your kind opinion.

I agree your description.

When I used previous CPU, I remember that  the temperature of my computer was between 30-40 degree as you told.

Overall, temperture has been increased caused by changing the process.

Then, what I should to do?

Can I give several advice to solve this problem?

I should reture to previous my CPU vesion?

Thank you and best regards.

Kinfc3607 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors