Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomasosfp
Paper Tape
Views: 126
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo g580 i7-3520 M- upgrade RAM and GPU

Hello,

I have Lenovo G580 running with i7-3520 M 2.9 GHz and also 6 GB RAM. I have a low grapchic card GeForce 610 M. I'm wondering if it's warranty upgading my RAM and GPU so the laptop run better. Should I do it? And if so, what is the better solution for me to buy?

Thank you

SeniorGuru
Views: 86
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo g580 i7-3520 M- upgrade RAM and GPU

Upgrading the RAM is the best bet for a quick performance boost. Make sure to read the Maintenance Manual before you start, not only to make sure you can upgrade the memory but to see what types / sizes are supported. The parts listing is near the end of the manual, drill down to the memory sticks and note the type / size / timings and use that as a guide to purchase a replacement.

As for upgrading the graphics - that is a bit more tricky... It may be a "hard soldered" part, not a dock in card. You can contact Support and provide the notebook serial number (do not post online) and they can tell you more about video upgrade options.

Good luck.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
Top Kudoed Authors