Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TakeThisB1tCh
What's DOS?
Views: 205
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo g580 won't start

Hello everyone!!

My Lenovo g580 won't start after i haven't used it in like a month... Well i searched for a solution but after some time looking around i found out that when i hit the power button with the battery on it flashes the red light on the battery (like when it have low battery) but it wont start with the battery in/out(only AC) so yes this is it.

Thank you in advance!!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 174
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo g580 won't start

Hi TakeThisB1tCh,

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Just to confirm the laptop will turn on if you plug in the charger? How about when you unplug the charger while it is turn on does the laptop turns off immediately? If yes, then it means that the battery could be malfunctioning and needs to be replaced. 

I recommend that you try to charge the battery for 3-4 hours while the laptop is turned off. After that check if the battery hold the charge by powering on the laptop without the charger. If it still doesn't work then you may need to replace the battery of your laptop. 

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

TakeThisB1tCh
What's DOS?
Views: 170
Message 3 of 4

Hello again!! Thank you for this reply but i think that the problem is in the AC cable.. I saw that when i press on it indicates that the battery is dead(red LED indicator blinking) Is it possible that the problem is in the cable?

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 165
Message 4 of 4

You're welcome! Yes, it is possible that it could be an issue with the cable. Do you have a spare charger that you can try? If not, we recommend to bring it to an authorized service center for repair. You may use the link below to see the list of service providers near your location just filter it by country. 

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht118678

Let us know if you need additional information.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors