Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JetCypress
Paper Tape
Views: 258
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo g710 wont pass the starting lenovo screen

Hi everyone!
I've had a Lenovo G710 laptop for a long time and have had no issues with it. But today when I for the second time booted it to edit a video for a good friend of mine the laptop won't start. The Lenovo logo shows up, but after that nothing happens. When I hold down the power button and reboot it "the hard way" It says something along the lines of "automatic repair in progress". After the laptop has been on that screen for a while it goes over to a blue page where I can choose to either restart the laptop (which just sets me back to square one, the screen just showing the Lenovo logo) or I can choose to go to advanced alternatives. From there I can choose either to: "Continue and go to windows 10", "Use a USB-stick, internet or DVD recovery disk to boot", "go to (even more) advanced settings" or simply turn the laptop off. the first and last two of these has been tried without success. What do I do? There is really isn't an option for me to reset it. Cause I have programs and several projects that aren't backed up.
SeniorGuru
Views: 230
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo g710 wont pass the starting lenovo screen

This sounds like an issue with the Hard Disk Drive. If you have access to a working computer and a "usb dock / adapter" you can remove the hard disk, place it in the dock and scan it for errors / transfer files to the working computer.

CB

I do not work for Lenovo, I only provide suggestions based on my personal willingness to help others. All advice and comments are based on my experience, and do not reflect Lenovo policy, terms or conditions.
JetCypress
Paper Tape
Views: 225
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo g710 wont pass the starting lenovo screen

Okay! I'll try that when I get home after work. Thanks a lot for the help! 

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors